Fate of The Chief? - SPOILERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys. I know most of you read the books.

What is the one thing we learned from them?

Spartans never die - regardless of what little flyers say.

If that were true, you gotta think about what Sean Posted. Yea he dies (uncool) how ever the creators said they this will be the last halo and if he lives, it makes it sound like the war could continue. it's actually no surpirse that this will happen.

Spartans don't die, they go MIA.

It suggests that he dies, but it also suggests that he won and retired like Spartan Maria did.

Also, someone posted this on the BNET forums and was permanently banned.

CMax said:

Spartans never die - regardless of what little flyers say.

Spartans die in the books.

they just list them as MIA so all of humanity dosen't flip out and realise that there super soilder mega only hope peeps can loose

Last edited by a moderator:
dude that picture looks like it was photoshopped. cause that looks lalot like the second chapter in gears of war.
if it is not photoshopped then i cant wait to play that level it looks so bad ass
and if the chief dies then bill gates house will become a war ground for uber halo nerds to get back at gates for letting the chief die.
jst my opinion.

I agree with Sean, you had to see it coming. But if it isnt true, then it is probably another marketing teqnique. Makes the people want to buy the game so they can see what happenes to Chief. Sort of like the Iris, makes people want to buy Halo 3 so they can find the meaning to all the clues and Adjutant Reflex.

*edit* I asked my friend about this, and he said its true, because he read somewhere that the script for the game was like this:

Cortana: Chief, you dont have to do this...

Chief: It's the only option left. It has to be done.

Cortana: There has to be another way than this, Chief. This.. This isn't the only way.

Chief: Someone has to do it Cortana. Its either this..... Or Earth. Us spartans were called to save Earth, and Thats what I'm here to do.

Now, I dont know if this is true, my friend said he saw it on the internet, and we looking for that link

Either he dies, goes back in time, or gets locked in some Forerunner slip-space storage system like the Spartan III Delta Company Team Katana.

343's line in Halo 1 about "You asked me last time, if it was my choice would I do it (again). [My answer is unchanged?]"

Makes a few people think that as part of Halo 3 you get booted back to the original Flood crisis.

LIES LIES THIS IS ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!LIES I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronster said:
Back in time?
What...does he find the magic Forerunner DeLorean?

Everyone knows MC uses the Necronomicon. :lindsey:

On Topic- I hope we'll finally get a full explanation of the whole "Reclaimer" terminology and what it means in relation to the Halos at the end if he does die.

Baby SOLD said:
CMax said:

Spartans never die - regardless of what little fliers say.

Spartans die in the books.

they just list them as MIA so all of humanity doesn't flip out and realize that there super solider mega only hope peeps can loose

We all know that they die, but it's more of a running joke-type thing. It's gonna suck bad if he dies, but I bet that it's something to get the players all pumped up, wondering how he dies, and then he doesn't die. Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back