Fiberglass And Resin Flexible Alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyspace

title says it all, is there a fiberglass and resin alternative thats really strong but flexible?

i just built a hayabusa helmet and its to skinny i gotta widen the helmet when i put it on my head

thanks

a flexible option is there, but pretty expensive

mold it and cast it in flexfoam-it

hope this might be helpfull

Bob

I had the same problem with my second hayabusa helmet..........it was too small to get over my head and I thought that I would had to widen it. Until I realized that the top of my head, touched the top of the helmet, that's when I realized it was too smal to begin with. Make sure that yours isn't too small too! You want to make sure that there is still a good amount of room so that you can put padding inside so that it won'r change how the helmet sits on your head.

As far as the strengthening alternative.......there are other ways, but some can get a bit expensive. I think that smooth casting can be pretty strong. I know quite a few people use that. I have seen a few people use it on the inside of their pieces. The hayabusa is actually a good piece to use this stuff on because of the spikes and it would be very hard (nearly impossible) to just fiberglass the inside of those!

HaloGoddess said:
I had the same problem with my second hayabusa helmet..........it was too small to get over my head and I thought that I would had to widen it. Until I realized that the top of my head, touched the top of the helmet, that's when I realized it was too smal to begin with. Make sure that yours isn't too small too! You want to make sure that there is still a good amount of room so that you can put padding inside so that it won'r change how the helmet sits on your head.

As far as the strengthening alternative.......there are other ways, but some can get a bit expensive. I think that smooth casting can be pretty strong. I know quite a few people use that. I have seen a few people use it on the inside of their pieces. The hayabusa is actually a good piece to use this stuff on because of the spikes and it would be very hard (nearly impossible) to just fiberglass the inside of those!

its actually perfect size for my head, just enough for padding on the inside. i just have a big head for it to fit in the opening :unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the suggestions guys. but i give lol.

i decided im gonna just stretch/widen it.

whats a good way to keep it stretch out to the width i want it?

thanks

this is not insta messaging you dont need to bump and/or start a new topic what you can do is sluch some flex foam it around the edge, or use the hotglue method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back