FINALLY - Movie Accurate WAR MACHINE and IRON MAN Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubean33

War Machine HD Pep Ready for download

Helmet HERE

Sizer Tester File HERE

Okay, so this file was acquired from Sharkhead and he said a long time ago that he was going to do this, but i haven't seen or heard from him in quite some time.. (hope he's alright! haha)

Anywho, This file is EXTREMELY accurate and was too high res to pep and not hate your life, so i took the liberty (as im sure sharkhead would want me to do) and converted this to a workable PDO. I am not done with it but i've been so excited to show everyone i can't wait any longer!

Here is what i had to work with in the beginning

This shot is looking from behind the helmet to the inside of it. All the little pieces and such! there are so many :)
WarMachinePep1.jpg

Here it is from the outside.. Looks good!
WarMachinePep2.jpg

Exploded...
WarMachinePep3.jpg

Again...
WarMachinePep4.jpg

And after many many hours of refining, this is where i am at now. Most of the intricate detailing is gone but the shell kept nearly all the detail but with less polys and verts.
WarMachinePep5.jpg

WarMachinePep6.jpg

Grey profile view
WarMachinePep7.jpg

So as you can see, it's looking prettty sweet. I am really excited to get this done. It should be done and unfolded in the next day or two. I also have the Iron Man Helmet with equivalent level of detail. On accident the other day, i found out exactly WHICH file the IM one is. Its the one they use at the end of Iron Man 1 in the credits as seen here. Pause it at 4-5 seconds in and you can see extremely intricate detailing inside the mouth

Comparison shot of the video to my helmet
Ironmanpep.jpg

You may have noticed that the back piece for the both helmets is missing. There will be a piece there when i finally release it! Can't wait to share this with everyone

I am starting with War Machine because that seems to be the one people are really in need of. There are lots of good Iron Man helmets out there at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Dubean, that helmet is looking SICK! I can hardly wait to finish my Mk. II suit to get started on war machine. It is so friggin beefy and (insert Tim The Toolman Taylor grunt here) BAD LOOKING!!! I am currently using the Dubean33/Sharkhead v.2.1 that you guys put together. I am looking forward to pepping it. Gonna try to get the hinge to work out too, we'll see!

So you are doing all this work in Pepakura Designer 3? I didn't know that you could do so much with this program.

the back of the helmet is a tad of, should be a little more straight. And the level difference in the neck should be less trapezium.
And where is the neck? :(

the rest looks spot on ;)

Man Dubean, that helmet is looking SICK! I can hardly wait to finish my Mk. II suit to get started on war machine. It is so friggin beefy and (insert Tim The Toolman Taylor grunt here) BAD LOOKING!!! I am currently using the Dubean33/Sharkhead v.2.1 that you guys put together. I am looking forward to pepping it. Gonna try to get the hinge to work out too, we'll see!

So you are doing all this work in Pepakura Designer 3? I didn't know that you could do so much with this program.

Hahaha i love the tim taylor reference :) The 2.1? I really don't think that hinge thing will work and still be able to fit your head in, much less function. It was just thought up and designed on a whim but whatever. Good luck! i hope you can get it to work, i'd love to see some pics of it.

Just wanna make it clear, i didnt model this. It was given to sharkhead and we were collaborating and making it peppable when he suddenly fell off the grid.

And no this isnt being done in Pepakura, i just like the way it looks in the program so thats what i use for my demo shots.
Excellent! Can't wait for WM :D

OH man!!! I was waiting for this... Finally!!! Will you make a tester?? THANKS; THANKS; THANKS!!!!

Yeah i was waiting for this too! i just got tired of waiting and decided to put it into action :) There WILL be a tester for this.

the back of the helmet is a tad of, should be a little more straight. And the level difference in the neck should be less trapezium.
And where is the neck? :(

the rest looks spot on ;)

I fixed the back trapezoid part, thanks for that! I am confused what you mean by the back should be more straight.. picture maybe?

And there is no neck piece because i didn't get one from sharkhead. I'll have to model one but it shouldn't be too hard. I did one for Iron man already (not shown).

Excellent Work dude!!! Let me know if I can help unfolding this sweet helmet!!!

Thanks man, but i think i got the unfold taken care of :)

Stuff left to do:

Model back/neck piece.
Refine Eye/nose bridge insert piece, See it its peppable.
Refine/Redesign the inside cheek detail. The piece as it is wouldnt work well.
Unfold/upload :)

oh, my bad on the pep stuff. I knew you didn't create the model, but you sure are doing a heck of job making it peppable for all of us so you are to be commended!

If you need any help with arranging all the pieces I would be glad to help. I can put the puzzle on the pages quite well but I suck at unfolding so I'm no good to you there. I will help where I can man, just offering.

Oh god, I nerver seen something great like this before. man...VERY AWESOME!!
It kill my heart dubean33!!

I will wait it finished.

lol right when i was pm shark about it. you post the thread lol well the exploded model looks kinda.... scary. lol are you planning to put them all together or remove some unnessesary parts?

Hah thanks guys, i'm glad there is SOME buzz about it. Ever since this site came back from its hiatus, its been relatively quiet. Sad but oh well.

Okay, so the helmet is in the unfolding stage, so it should be up tomorrow. hopefully! i have nothing on my schedule for tomorrow, so i am sure it will get finished. My internet has been less than cooperative lately though. i will try and upload tomorrow if i can.

12382 - The model in the exploded view was the original file i got from sharkhead. I have since lowered the poly count and removed most of that stuff. The only really detailed part is the eye piece, but it will be simpler than previous iron man eye piece peps! AND its one entire piece that can be removed if necessary. It was modified to sit really nicely inside the helmet where its supposed to be.

I think the Jaw piece might be the hardest piece on this build. It reminds me of a wedding cake with all the layers and steps it has but should look pretty good when its done.

Now for some pictures!

Jaw -
Flip3.png

Full1.png

Full2.png

Full3.png

Full4.png

I had limited references of the back pieces with my internet being down this week, but i went with what i had and i think the back looks pretty good! i had to scratch model the parts with the lower two trapezoids.

Comments/criticisms are welcome and encouraged!

Here is the Eye piece Inside the helmet

Eye1-1.png

And by itself
Eye2-4.png

Eye3.png

Amazing! im doing the complete suit so if you can send me the finished one helmet ill be very happy and thankfull !!! keep the good work :D

this is looking amazing! you should totally do the whole suit :p
you have awesome talent for this

nat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back