FINALLY - Movie Accurate WAR MACHINE and IRON MAN Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill see about getting some pics up. once you finish the jaw you will see how it attaches, i glued it to the main part of the helmet tho. i did not use the eyepiece, other than the center bridge over the nose.

you can explode the view under the 3d menu... view setup.

hi - how do i explode the view? i can't find it on the pepakura viewer

for the mohawk i hot glued it on around the edge of the base, then cut 3 holes in the underside (think ladder) through both layers so i could get some rondo in there.

I did something very similar. But instead of three holes, I cut most of the entire underside of the mohawk away completely. I used that "hollow area" to hold some foam padding (later, after rondoing it), so that the helmet would be more comfortable.

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with a little problem.
I am building the WM helmet and I was wondering what was the best way to attach flaps that, when cut out, leave no room for actual flaps to glue to?

Example:

Thanks in advance!

- Marc

I am building the WM helmet and I was wondering what was the best way to attach flaps that, when cut out, leave no room for actual flaps to glue to?

Example:

There's enough room there on every flap except the middle one on the right piece. Line up the very tip of the two edges and then put liquid (not gel!) superglue on the rest of the flap. It'll flow into the gap and hold the two pieces together. Don't bother adding superglue to flaps like this middle one, that won't work. Maybe superglue would, but I've never used that, so I can't say for sure. If the edge- and the cut line are really overlapping like they seem to do here, you might even leave them un-cut in the first place.

Or, if you're really uncomfortable with flaps like this, you could just split the whole piece into several smaller ones in Pepakura Designer.

Example:

Thanks in advance!

- Marc

Just cut the flaps completely off and tape it together.

You should also mention that resin will chew on many tapes (or their adhesives), so this idea might backfire later on.

right. SOME polyester resins MIGHT do that.

If you use epoxy similar to what I use, you will 100% not run into that problem. Not only that, you can tape on both sides because the tape will come off the surface very easily once the inside hardens.

Example:

Thanks in advance!

- Marc

if they are really close dont cut em, just score and fold. some of those folds on that right side piece i only cut half of the actual fold, then just scored the rest.

Hi Dubean. Thank you very much for responding so fast. The link shows as a file and then when the count down timer for download finishes there is a message that says "The file link that you requested is not valid". I really have enjoyed your models. Can't wait to work on this one. I am new to Pepp. This has been a great hobby for me to get into.

Thank you Zabana and Dubean. The model is VERY nice. Will get started on it shortly. Just finishing the arm cannons for War Machine. Will post pics of this helmet as I progress on it. Have a great weekend!

Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back