FINALLY - Movie Accurate WAR MACHINE and IRON MAN Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOO!!! Lookin' good dubean!! Sorry about the random disappearance, I went to New York to see my dad (haven't seen him in 9 years lol) then I got really sick and had to take care of my dog and his seizures.
Anyway, in case it hasn't been said to ya'll guys yet, you WILL NOT find any 3d models more accurate than these heheh....
@dubean, some people I know have been working hard on getting the real War Machine armor model too. We've got half the Mark 6. :)

I thought I was the only one who called it his mohawk lol.

Glad to see you're back man, I hope you had a good trip.
You have half of the mk 6? sick! any luck on the WM armor?

I've been working on having the WM helmet CNC'd.. My brother has access to a CNC machine at his school

does this mean there will be a better war machine helmet ?

sharkhead7854
"some people I know have been working hard on getting the real War Machine armor model too."

does this mean there will be a better war machine helmet ?

sharkhead7854
"some people I know have been working hard on getting the real War Machine armor model too."

really? He said
in case it hasn't been said to ya'll guys yet, you WILL NOT find any 3d models more accurate than these heheh....

Pretty much think that means this is the best one out there...

Glad to see you're back man, I hope you had a good trip.
You have half of the mk 6? sick! any luck on the WM armor?

I've been working on having the WM helmet CNC'd.. My brother has access to a CNC machine at his school
Heheh, yeah, was fun going back to my hometown.
We don't have any of the War Machine suit yet, although I know someone who does. He got it all by himself. :D
There may be something I can trade him for it, though for privacy I won't say who it is. =P
Sounds good though, be sure to keep me updated on how the CNC goes. I just got back into contact with the person who said he'll get me both helmets 3d printed, so hopefully I can get the models to him soon. It's taken me this long to join all the pieces of both helmets, smooth them over a bit in some places, and split them into printable parts. I'm gonna try to get them in pieces like eye guard, faceplate, jaw, ears, etc. If all goes well, I may break the whole Mark 6 suit down to pieces and have it printed.

Heheh, yeah, was fun going back to my hometown.
We don't have any of the War Machine suit yet, although I know someone who does. He got it all by himself. :D
There may be something I can trade him for it, though for privacy I won't say who it is. =P
Sounds good though, be sure to keep me updated on how the CNC goes. I just got back into contact with the person who said he'll get me both helmets 3d printed, so hopefully I can get the models to him soon. It's taken me this long to join all the pieces of both helmets, smooth them over a bit in some places, and split them into printable parts. I'm gonna try to get them in pieces like eye guard, faceplate, jaw, ears, etc. If all goes well, I may break the whole Mark 6 suit down to pieces and have it printed.

For some reason my account won't let me PM you..
Yeah it took me a while to make solid pieces out of the war machine helmet. How much will it cost to get them printed??

Yeah... just tried the same and it said I don't have permissions to message you. o__O
I'm getting them done pretty much for free, I just have to give the person casts of each.

Yeah... just tried the same and it said I don't have permissions to message you. o__O
I'm getting them done pretty much for free, I just have to give the person casts of each.

the new 405th is a bit frustrating. I liked the old version much better. (when it worked)

i just shot ya an email since PM's don't work

I can't find the link to the iron man file. Anyhoo, I pepped it along with the War Machine. I did war machine first and then the iron man one. the war machine was my first pep ever, so even though it was too small (i started it as soon as the link was first posted before the larger size was posted), i kept going with it so that I could learn how to do the resining and bondo work.

After completing most of it, and felt more comfortable starting the iron man helmet (what I really wanted), I found an old tester file. The tester and the new iron man matched up proportion wise, so I used that as a base.

Well, turns out the iron man helmet is too small too =( I went with 93% of the original size. the helmet fits except for the ear portion. if the ear portion sat flush with the helmet, it would fit. I'm not exactly sure what im going to do with it now.

btw, i did modify (eliminate) some stuff. I did one side of the inner mouth part, but I didn't really care for it, so I cut both sides off. I was planning on just using foamie parts in there. Also, I did not bother with the HD eyes.

mypeppedironman.jpg

It was pretty challenging! There are a few parts I would not bother having on a pep file. If I knew how to do 3D and it was my file, these are the following changes I would make to make it more pep friendly:
* no groove that go around the helmet.
* simple (flat) inner mouth flaps.
* no HD eyes.
* simple (no indented) chin.
* flush lip with chin.
* simpler forehead intake.
* less layers in the round/ear portion area

these are not complaints, and there are probably other models out there with these very things I point out. This file is very awesome and impressive and am gratefull for the hardwork that was put in into it!

War machine 1.15 does not fit on my head. The width is too small but the length is perfect. I wish pepakura has a flexibility where you can increase the width without altering the length and height. I am redoing mine at 1.20 :angry

its a size tester. Its so you can figure out what size you need to scale the real file to. Its an easy build so you don't waste all your time building the real file the wrong size.

hi thanks. i knew i should have started on that first. haha. i'll give that one a go tonight.
thank you very much for providing this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back