First Armor Wip Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that didnt take long to pep out at all. Smooth unfolds are great! :lol

Sword1.jpg

Well thats the energy sword, it will probably sit like that for a while till I get my armor fiberglassed. Then I'll glass the handle and as for the blades, I'll need to do a bit more research before I decide what to do with those. But I want the blades to be durable enough to do some lightsaber fights with so the soda bottle plastic might be too weak. The next update should be the pistols and undersuit, after that I should have enough funds to get all my fiberglass/bondo stuff and we can start seeing some glassed cardstock!

More little updates

I finished pepping my last weapon and now I have two pistols for dual wielding fun.

Pic%20198s.JPG

Finally UPS sent me my body armor. I have officially joined the Sette body armor bandwagon. Dogwizard's strapping tutorial was some inspiration :lol Might as well take a shot of the undersuit and look like a total ninja wannabe...

Pic%20189s.JPG

Pic%20190s.JPG

And Walmart just ran out of these because I bought the last one. Agh! I demand they restock at once! $4.47 is as cheap as these get locally.

Pic%20199s.JPG

Under armor looks just like mine but I don't have the full face mask for mine just a half face which is for going out in the cold I already had it. I might change it later on. One thing I did with pressure suit was remove the tags with a seem ripper that way it was just black. Those pistols look great I still haven't started on my weapons for my armor might not happen for my con coming up on the 27th.

Do you have a link to the file you used for your pistole's?

they look really good.

Pic%20198s.JPG

All of your progress looks awesome so far. I love the pistols and the undersuit looks wicked cool! Now you have me wanting to make an energy sword seeing how cool yours turned out.

shmalofan said:
Do you have a link to the file you used for your pistole's?

they look really good.

I got the pistol pep files from here, http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25189 Its the M6X multi pistol, I printed every part of it out except for the SOCOM add on from ODST.

Oh and yesterday Walmart did stock up on more fiberglass cloth so I bought 2 more of em. 3 packs of 8sq ft of fiberglass cloth should cover all the armor at least once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the energy sword that I did the smooth unfold for? If so, it looks really good! :D

I want to make one myself, but that will be a future project. :p

You also got some pretty nice pepping skills there too. I like the little detail pieces you added to the back of the vents on the chestplate. However, if you look at the in game version, that detail appears ONLY on one side. :pAs for the spots below the area you added the detail too, I used thin metal rods to create the line detail. Some people have used toothpicks before, but I don't own any. It's odd how I have some metal rods laying around, but no toothpicks! haha My fiance is a CNC machinist......that's how I had those. :p

gmstrowabarton said:
Now you just need the resin and bondo and your all set :)

And a respirator! Need that too! :lol I swear I'll start glassing sometime this month.

HaloGoddess said:
Is that the energy sword that I did the smooth unfold for? If so, it looks really good! :D

I want to make one myself, but that will be a future project. :p

You also got some pretty nice pepping skills there too. I like the little detail pieces you added to the back of the vents on the chestplate. However, if you look at the in game version, that detail appears ONLY on one side. :p As for the spots below the area you added the detail too, I used thin metal rods to create the line detail. Some people have used toothpicks before, but I don't own any. It's odd how I have some metal rods laying around, but no toothpicks! haha My fiance is a CNC machinist......that's how I had those. :p

Yes thats your smooth energy sword, Its really easy to build you should try it! :lol It only took me about a day, considering I started it around night time and woke up the next day and finished it before the middle of the day.

As for the back of the chestplate on the reference picture I based the back of the vents off of they appeared on both sides, even though one side was more defined than the other in most cases they were still both there, so I added them both. Plus I like symmetry so even if it wasnt there I probably would have made 2 anyway. Now in the middle of the back there is a part with only one vent on one side. On my HD chest its not on there at all so thats something I'll have to add with bondo. And I'll probably make 2 of them also even though its not there ingame, just cause it looks better to me :lol

gallery_3419_17_25355.jpg

Pic%20180s.JPG

Monicator said:
And a respirator! Need that too! :lol I swear I'll start glassing sometime this month.

Yes that is a major requirement

Monicator said:
Yes thats your smooth energy sword, Its really easy to build you should try it! :lol It only took me about a day, considering I started it around night time and woke up the next day and finished it before the middle of the day.

As for the back of the chestplate on the reference picture I based the back of the vents off of they appeared on both sides, even though one side was more defined than the other in most cases they were still both there, so I added them both. Plus I like symmetry so even if it wasnt there I probably would have made 2 anyway. Now in the middle of the back there is a part with only one vent on one side. On my HD chest its not on there at all so thats something I'll have to add with bondo. And I'll probably make 2 of them also even though its not there ingame, just cause it looks better to me :lol

gallery_3419_17_25355.jpg

Pic%20180s.JPG

That is strange. That reference IS the in game version and it shows that detail on both vents. I get my reference images from the Halo Encyclopedia. And that other little "vent" that you are saying that isn't included in the pep can easily be made if you really want it there. Here is what the back of my chestpiece is looking like:

voaiwy.jpg

And before you ask, NO, I did NOT make those details. I made the HD MKVI chestplate. A friend on the site decided to help me and he has been working on it for me. :) I didn't expect him to do that much work! D:

HaloGoddess said:
That is strange. That reference IS the in game version and it shows that detail on both vents. I get my reference images from the Halo Encyclopedia. And that other little "vent" that you are saying that isn't included in the pep can easily be made if you really want it there. Here is what the back of my chestpiece is looking like:

voaiwy.jpg

And before you ask, NO, I did NOT make those details. I made the HD MKVI chestplate. A friend on the site decided to help me and he has been working on it for me. :) I didn't expect him to do that much work! D:

Wow! That chest is amazing, your lucky to have such pro work done to it. I only hope mines will turn out looking something like that after detailing with bondo.

I stopped by Advanced Auto today and picked up one of these.

Pic%20200s.JPG

It puts my Mag Lite to shame. Its super bright, and looks way more accurate to the in game assault rifle's light. Its button activated too. Dogwizard had an old thread about hooking one of these up to an assault rifle, thats what inspired the buy. http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13284 It can be modded to the assault rifle so you can turn it on without having to fiddle around with the front of the rifle like you would with a Mag Lite but I'll have to research how I'm going to go about doing that :lol I'm a newb when it comes to DIY electronics.

It isn,t that hard to do, although i have had some electronic training. If have some questions about doing it I can see about helping out

wow im loving those handguns. they look really clean!

by chance do you remember which thread that smooth sword unfold is in?

ArmouredApostle said:
wow im loving those handguns. they look really clean!

by chance do you remember which thread that smooth sword unfold is in?

Yeah I like my handguns too, I'm thinking about putting laser sights on the top pieces or at least a red LED. Heres the link for the smooth sword: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25356&hl=energy sword&st=0

Building progress is on hold at the moment till I get all my hardening stuff. Still have to get those little things like brushes, laytex gloves, goggles, and the respirator. I already have the respirator and fiberglass cash saved up. When I have all the money for everything ready I'm going to get all those things in one shot so I can get started immediately or next hot day.

Im really loving the pep work you are doing! Very clean and crisp, and the pistols look amazing!! dual wielding pistols rock!

Your awesomeness at pepping has inspired me to get a move on with my own armor! And those two pistols are pretty badass too :cool

I'm just curious, but where did you find your gloves? They seem perfect for a Spartan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back