First attempt - custom Noble Six(F)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use elmers, never had a problem yet., and I use a bit extra resin on my stuff.

33632_446263307775_501077775_5485768_666112_n.jpg

71693_446263337775_501077775_5485769_4036882_n.jpg

37957_446263347775_501077775_5485770_969338_n.jpg

Just want to ask, is it possible to make the toe with 3mm foam cuz I actually want to bend it so I can kneel?

I have the toe cap I am trying to find that back boot section in one piece like you have. What pep model is that back part of your boot? where can I find it?

Looks awesome! Coming from someone else who just started, your folds and peps look clean and precise. I can't wait to see your finished products!

I'm the opposite of WVISION, I have the ankle armor but can't find the toe, is that an all-in-one or two pieces? The ankle armor I got from the Official Reach Pep File Thread Reach Boot By Zero2o2

I'm the opposite of WVISION, I have the ankle armor but can't find the toe, is that an all-in-one or two pieces? The ankle armor I got from the Official Reach Pep File Thread Reach Boot By Zero2o2

There are files, were the two pieces are all-in-one. But the files I have aren't unfolded yet. So I would recomment to get toe- and ankle-piece seperately.
The toe-piece I found is from AceNat's awesome Kat-build. She posted a link on the first page. here it is: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26263-Lieutenant-Commander-Catherine-B320-AceNat-s-build-PIC-HEAVY?highlight=acenat

On topic: Really nice and clean pepping so far. My first attempt on pepping wasn't that good. I'm making an custom noble suit too. ;) Really wanna know how yours turn out. So keep up the good work. :)

I'm very excited to see this all pepped out. Once I finished my ODST I'll be starting my wife's noble six. Your boot looks very clean, keep up the work like that and this will be an awesome build

Ah, thanks for the advice all. I got it. Elmer's glue works. Excellent. Not sure I'll ever use elmer's glue due to its wetness and slower drying time, but I def need to get better at super glue. My finger's hurt this morning from being mangled last night by it.

For everyone asking about the boot files...

There are a few Reach boot models but I found this set to be the best and the one that looks the most complete.

The toe was done by AceNat and is found here: http://www.4shared.com/file/rw8aqsSE..._Boot_Toe.html

The rest was done by Ruze and is here: http://www.4shared.com/file/x4XoEZEY...t_by_Ruze.html

I had folded a few other bot files and hated how they looked. But perhaps it's a persona preference thing... :)

Just want to ask, is it possible to make the toe with 3mm foam cuz I actually want to bend it so I can kneel?

Honestly, I have NO idea. I've only researched the initial building stage so far. I've spent way too many hours researching pepakura and sizing armor. Stage two hasn't been researched yet. I'm sure there are tons of people who would be better suited to answer this at this time. I would probably ask AceNat as it's her model and she has already worn it. IDK.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm almost done pepping the second boot, then I'm on to a new part. I'll be doing the wrist guards next and then possibly the forearms after that. Who knows... maybe I'll attempt to resin/rondo those boots to test out how that all works... I'm so indecisive. ;)

Yeah.... I totally went ahead and did the Resin/Rondo with the boots. I considered my options as for what to do with then next. I could slather the outsides with Bondo and carve away, but after ample research I've decided on Foam-It 10 instead. Especially since the boots still seem a little big. I would rather carve in than keep building it up. Plus it looks like the foam will make the pieces way more solid.

I have to go pick up a kit from a dealer today, but I will start this project this afternoon. Pics to follow!

Thanks! :)
Actually I haven't used Elmer's. I've used hot glue and super glue exclusively. Unfortunately I've gotten my fingers stuck together twice and have battle damage from getting them apart. Maybe that's why I'm taking a break from the pep work. lol!

okay... so did some more Rondo work this morning as well as using the Foam-It for the first time. I'm not sure how I feel about my results yet. I think one of the toe covers is warped... which bothers me. But then I keep telling myself, it's just the damn toe... So I think I'm going to Bondo the one side up on it's exterior and fix it that way. I'm not sure if the warp was caused by the foam or the Rondo or even the pep. But I didn't notice until today. Ugh!

Anyways... Here's some progress pics...

71530_449501922775_501077775_5539510_1205249_n.jpg

Here's my boot after I used the Rondo. I have it set on a vase to hopefully prevent warping...

67664_449501942775_501077775_5539511_8044073_n.jpg

Another shot of the Rondo...

73168_449501892775_501077775_5539509_7323699_n.jpg

A pic of the boot toe after I used the Foam It. I found that this stuff pools so IMO do not slosh coat. I'm gonna have to apply more to the thin areas at the top before sanding I think... And I'm definitely going to have to cut out some of that pooled up foam or they aren't going to fit over my boots right. :/

welcome to the company and nice build!

I like the direction of your suit that you're taking.

I think the armor pieces you picked out for your build is going to be one cool suit . I’m doing the same two-piece boot and toe-piece that you’re using. I thought they were the best files out there for the pieces. Your folds look really clean and they look better than mine. The only other difference is the ones I built are over twice the size lol Just a little here and there and you’ll be ready for Starfest
Keep up the good work

Slight update. Been spending a lot of time figuring out my tools and trying to perfect sanding and detailing. And here I am, still on the first toe! Luckilly both boots are fully pepped, resined, rondo'd, and foamed. So... sanding and detailing and patching are the remaining steps I have to do... oi!

Here's the progress on the toe. Please let me know what you think, and what needs fixing! (and suggestions on how to might be nice as well. :3 )

71959_451630787775_501077775_5585545_4391078_n.jpg

After a round of sanding, I used a sharpie to mark where I wanted to do more detailing...

74065_451630842775_501077775_5585548_745155_n.jpg

Added details and then a coat of rondo because the sanding and detailing left the toe too fragile for my liking.

76758_451630852775_501077775_5585549_4100657_n.jpg

Here's it's current state. Sanded again, detailed again, and sprayed with a coat of primer. That's one hell of a detailed toe! XD

76169_451638142775_501077775_5585834_7338307_n.jpg

Here's a side shot. I think I see a spot that needs some more sanding there now that I look at the picture. :p

You could mix in a thixotropic agent, that would help the liquid stay on vertical surfaces.

If you have any specific suggestions, I'm more than willing to hear (and possibly test) them! :)

welcome to the company and nice build!

I like the direction of your suit that you're taking.

Why thank you! :D

I think the armor pieces you picked out for your build is going to be one cool suit . I’m doing the same two-piece boot and toe-piece that you’re using. I thought they were the best files out there for the pieces. Your folds look really clean and they look better than mine. The only other difference is the ones I built are over twice the size lol Just a little here and there and you’ll be ready for Starfest
Keep up the good work

Thank you so much! I do like how that boot and toe combo looks. I really hope I didn't jump in a little to deep with this as my frst build. I have extremely high expectations of myself so it's gonna be a long process. I really hope six months is enough time. XD

If you have any specific suggestions, I'm more than willing to hear (and possibly test) them! :)

Well, two things come to my mind: Cotton flocks (don't really increase thixotropy, but help the material stay on walls nonetheless) and a white powder my supplier simply calls "thixotropic agent", which I think is pyrogenic silica. However, both their descriptions only mention epoxy and polyester resin (probably because that's what my supplier mainly sells), so I don't know what effect they would have on urethane or a foam.

The detail is coming along very nicely . Looks like a little bit more sanding and cleaning the lines up just a little and that will be the most detailed piece I’ve seen :D Which leads me to ponder……. the only time someone would see all that detail is with your boot on their head .That leaves me concerned what your armor is going to be used for !?!? just kidding:p What’s next after your boot pieces ? The shins and work your way up all the way up and saving the helmet for last ? And your custom avatar looks pretty sweet

LOL! Thanks! Head stomping does sound like a lot of fun! I could just leave a nice detailed print of my boot in someone's ass... :3 Oh the possibilities...

Yes... the boots are detailed... and I've continued to work on them...another round of sanding. However, I've moved on to the rest of the boots. They seem to be going faster which leads me to believe that I'm learning? Yay! Once I get something worth posting, I will. But I've sort of been working on the other boot pieces all at the same time instead of spending too much time on each piece. Should be an update soon though! All other pieces have been through their first round of sanding and are currently in the garage with their second coat of rondo. Once that dries I can do some detailing and priming and post some new pics. :D

I don't know if I'm going to be working from the bottom up... more like from the outside in! I've been going to the gym almost every day for the last two weeks and am going to continue to do so for the next 6 months. I want to actually LOOK like I should be a spartan... which means lots of muscle toning. I find it hard to believe that Spartans have love handles and wimpy biceps. XD

Oh yes I completely agree the possibilities are endless !!
Congrats on getting to the gym and be dedicated I’ve given up some of my gym time for build time. It doesn’t sound like you’re building your Spartan suit from the bottom up but from the inside out:D Seems to be the most overlooked aspect of anyone’s build,to end up dressed like a Spartan and looking like a Spartan. Getting in shape to look like a Spartan thats going all in on the build. Looking forward to seeing the updated photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back