First Build: Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to seeing you finish this build. I'm actually wondering what your planning to do with the helmet, are you going to resin and bondo it? Keep up the great work!

It'll be a mix of resin/bondo on the paper, then plastidip on the foam (I MAY try bondo and resin on that and see how it holds up). The rig will possibly be a mix of bondo and foam as well, I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the comment =]

It'll be a mix of resin/bondo on the paper, then plastidip on the foam (I MAY try bondo and resin on that and see how it holds up). The rig will possibly be a mix of bondo and foam as well, I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the comment =]

I wouldn't try to bondo and resin the foam that would just turn out disasterous. Foam and resin just don't mix, and with foam being flexible it would make the bondo break and crack if any stress is applied to it. Plastidip is probally the way to go, I didnt use it on my Dead Space build and I wish I had just for that little bit of extra strength in the foam. Can't wait to see your project come along tho, it looks awesome so far!

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! See, my modding team for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, decided to switch up plans and now our WIP mod is being turned into an indie single player game on UDK, so I had to go about learning UDK, how objects import and all its editors, as well as learn new 3D modelling programs such as Zbrush, and xNormal (This is probably useless to most of you, but some 3D modellers here should get what I'm talking about). So needless to say, that took up a good week or so... I also just recently finished modeling and unfolding the Halo 4 Wetworks helmet for the forums here. So I hope that helps =]

So yeah, that's what I've been up to mostly... Now, on the Engineer suit... The chest and rib pieces were so monotonous... So many small, angular pieces. It took a few days to finally get everything printed, traced, and cut. Thankfully everything came out proportionate. And foam is a work of wonder for this build. It has flexibilty and gives each piece its own depth depending on how thick I choose them to be. Foam is perfect for this build. A quick heads up, I have all the chest/torso pieces cut. The reason the ones on the waist and back were not shown is because I'm almost out of tape, so I only put the front pieces on. Let me know! I also think I'm going to keep this shirt as a base. It's a form fitting thermal shirt and keeps the arm pieces on relatively nicely... Though the tape sucked...

dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___10_by_statyk94-d5ojyuo.jpg

dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___9_by_statyk94-d5ojyop.jpg

Wow, foam was definitly the way to go with this suit, I bet you are freaking excited about this (I'd be ;) ). Good work and keep it up!

Wow, foam was definitly the way to go with this suit, I bet you are freaking excited about this (I'd be ;) ). Good work and keep it up!

You have NO idea ^^ My favorite suit from my favorite game franchise... I get so stoked every time I put it on. I think after some work with the team, I'm gonna jump into working on the boots. I already have one piece done from week ago, the fat thing on the calf. lol

Nice suit. That does look tedious but the foam is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks! It sure is tedious, but would be HELL of a lot more if it was all in pepakura. I'm glad I made the switch...

Sorry for double post, but I have a little update on the boot parts! =] Happy New Years by the way!

I was going to slap on the shoe parts, but they wouldn't stay, so I'll have to figure out a way to have them mounted. Might just screw them into old boots... Harnessing this build is going to be an adventure in its own...

dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___11_by_statyk94-d5pzml2.jpg

dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___12_by_statyk94-d5q01o8.jpg

Updating a bit. No photos though.

1) I began cutting out and glued some of the RIG. I also ordered teal LED strips for the lights before New Years Eve. Unfortunately, they got lost in transit and have to ship out a new one for me >> Derp.

2) REDACTED AGAIN--

3) I decided to change my deadline for the suit. I'm not going to have it done in time for DS3's release as I want the suit to come out right. I'm going to take my time with it rather than rush. =P

So yeah, just a bit of updates. No pictures yet =\

Don't touch those links up above they scream virus.

You can ignore this post . there used to be a post from a spam bot right above me.

Thanks Halcyon =D

And I agree with ya there Spartan IV. The spambots in this forum are so dumb... They make it so painfully obvious that they ARE spambots, and they just fill it with unrelated nonsense... Honestly some of the dumbest spambots I've ever seen.

sorry to hijjak your thread with this but Im really curios as to why they waited till now to start spamming the hell out of the forum... I saw one topic with 3 pages of nothing but the spam post above...

I don't know =\ They have been gone for awhile recently. Now it's just like "POOF, everywhere"..

Also, Since I cannot distribute the ripped model, I'm going to eventually model the whole thing myself so I can legally share with everyone MY OWN suit model, while still keeping it relatively accurate. I feel incredibly guilty being the only one with this >> Mainly because I know how frustrated I would be not being on my end. I spent a long time trying t find something to make this suit and it seems I have the only thing closest to it. In time... In time... I will have this suit complete re-made for you guys. Hang in there.

oh god this is amazing :D clean and great work so far! Hey, do you know maybe if there is an advanced suit .pdo floating around? i found some on the forum but all the links are long long dead

I saw some parts of it lying around here somewhere, but it wasn't complete. There was also pieces for the Security Suit, but again, not the whole thing =\

Check this thread out. It's what I went on a year ago and it had some stuff:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31377-Dead-Space-1-and-2-File-Thread?highlight=dead+space

On another note, my Teal LED strips just came in this morning <3 Going to go out and get some power sources and test it out. :D

sadly all the files on that thread were removed/expired :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back