First build/s- WIP Spartans Mark V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boeing777

Hi guys.

My names Richard, and during my first ever pep session, my partner took a huge interest in what I was doing, and asked me to pep her a helmet as well.

Hopefully I can post progress of her helmet sometime in the next few days.
Shes yet to decide what helmet she wants- she seems to dislike large visors......-____- ruling out many of the suggestions I gave her.

I *was pepping a Mark V up until yesterday, which at present looks like this-
progress.jpg

Unfortunately- Its miles too large for me.....kind of realized that during the first few days, but continued pepping until the above point to confirm it. I then went back to my inches to millimetres conversions and then realized my conversion was waaaayyyy off.

I've rescaled correctly (hopefully) and should be re-printing pieces tonight. Guhh......
In the meantime, I was working on THIS-
pistolb.jpg

pistola.jpg

Rather than making it a hollow object, I've layered laminate card inside so that it has some amount of weight to it.
pistolprogress.jpg

I'll add foamies afterwards to give appropriate detailing.

Returning to the subject of my partners desire to be a spartan ^^" - Apart from Kats helmet- what would you consider a "feminine" helmet?
Nb: She has already rejected the Recon helmet *frustration*

Any comments, constructive criticism, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, looking forward to being a productive member of 405th! ^_____^

.... I have some progress on this one.

My partner has chosen the Halo 3 scout for her suit. Just finished pepping it today.

0092-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Only my first pep, so not sure whether its right or not. Any feedback on it?

Meanwhile, I've started on the pep for my Mark V (correctly scaled this time, I hope). Also completed a little more on the pistol, as shown-
010.jpg

Hope to finish up on them both soon.

So, tried out the new helmet on my gf and something seems to have gone wrong- it seems waay too big.

Looks good from some angles, but not from others-
002-3.jpg

003.jpg

Scaled it at 249mm tall, where her actual head is 211mm tall. Obviously I allowed a bit too much room for padding and such. Will probably try the next helmet at around 220mm? Does that sound about right height wise?

The Mark V is scaled at a height of 282mm, but seems to be smaller than the Scout helmet for some reason. Will have completed pictures of both side-by-side tomorrow, as well as an update on the M6, hopefully.

Feedback's appreciated!

Its been a very long time since my last update- have been attending interview after interview these past few weeks- however, have found the time to complete my Mark V helmet.
Pictures follow-

I seem to have gotten the scale correct, as far as I can tell-
003-1.jpg

004.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

How is it looking?

I've also decided to scrap the M6 pistol and start a new one. Also, for anyone wondering about the pieces I've left out around the "vent" areas- I actually want them to function effectively as actual vents, so will be leaving them as open holes for now and then using foamies inside to create both depth and more breathability within the helmet.

...where did you get the Combat-Lizard attachment?

Hah!

Boeing777,

The (I think) Halo 3 scout helmet pepakura looks pretty solid. There might be some slight skew at the top-back based on the image looking at the helmet from the front. Not that you should drop what you're working on but, considering other helmets your lady might like, you might want to check out the Reach scout helmet...ForgedReclaimer has a great model at his model thread (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31200-quot-Halo4-quot-ForgedReclaimer-s-Pepakura-Database). It has a small face-plate and I think is an improved design over the Halo 3 scout (I can't get on board with the pronounced snout and pointed visor-brim). Just a suggestion...and anyway, who doesn't want to build more pepakura models?

Your final Mark V(b) pepakura looks good. I built this model with a scaled height of around 280 mm and I think it's a good size...it might seem a tad large but if you intend to match it up with a torso piece I think you'll find it compares really well. With this model (rundown's) that top panel (the one beneath your lizard friend) is intended to be recessed...that said, it's your build so if you intentionally assembled it to be raised no worries (with mine I ultimately decided to fill in the recessed area with bondo and just keep an etched line around the panel's perimeter).

Good luck with your builds!

nice pep work man, the helmet on her doesnt look all that big. maybe it'll look better in relation with all the other armor on. but its hard to say from pictures. although if it fits well then it's probably right.

Time for a LONG overdue update. I think my partner has dropped the spartan idea. Thats ok though- will give me more time to work on mine. Anyway, been reaaallllyyy busy with work as of late, but have managed to pep a second helmet, the Reach Scout, over the past few weekends-
Pictures follow.

012-3.jpg

003-2.jpg
- Does it look too big?

Customary lizard attachment shots:
006-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

I also realised I can't ever sit still waiting for resin......gong to start on a third helmet while I wait.

Obvious hint:
016.jpg

And heres what I have so far, the two finished peps. The top panel of the Mark V has been removed whilst I correct it, so that is sits recessed.
014-2.jpg

Feedback/Suggestions much appreciated. ^^

Just a quick question to any UK spartans out there-
Is "Easyflo" Polyeurthane liquid casting plastic the same as Smoothcast? Just working out whether I can use it as an alternative to glassing after I resin what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back