First build: Thom A293 based concept armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, nice build. I also prefer the more realistic spartan armor as most times I play with Soldier body armor as it has ammo pouches and stuff.

Another thing, I may not of been paying attention but where did you get the helmet visor?

Lol. Just trying to help. You've still got things to do! I need you to finish so I can see it. :) You gonna be at ECCC?

Thanks jsg6 for liking the build. Yep, that's the link. PerniciousDuke is stealing guy questions :cry::cry::D:p Jkjk now it's fine, I don't go on enough.

I see everybodys builds going and I've gotten so close, just a little bit more and it's done.
Go to Jet City Comic-show as well, it's a nice little convention. It's pretty small, not a major comic-con, but it's the only convention-like thing in October. The convention is located in downtown Tacoma, so it's not far from the 3 of us. They have a sweet costume contest for adults, and I think you have a good chance, Thom. last year, they gave away $200 worth of casting rubbers and resin. Worth it to me. :D

I'm going to enter with my Warlock costume. my MC got 5th or place. They value both fabric and armor combinations; the overall best-executed costume. So I'm trying again with a better costume, you guys gonna come, PerniciousDuke and Thom A293?

Last edited:
I'm trying! :) I still have pieces to pep. :p Jet City was my 1st tier goal and I think I'm still on track. I doubt I'll beat Thom though if we both enter.

Love to see you too jsg6 ! but I was talking to Thom.

Chest piece has magnets but some decided to pop out, so I got to re attach a few. Other than the chest, the suit is all painted and I'm working my way 100% finishing each armor piece. First up on the completion list is the boots. I weathered them with a mix of a dirt and sand modeling paint, I thought they turned out pretty good. The paints I used are more of a lighter water based paint so I just did a lot of coats and dabbed the paint with a paper towel to get that realistic weathered look. Once I do some more of the armor I might add more dirt to darken them up some more, I'll wait and see.
IMG_20170723_182122_zpsr8bpstw3.jpg

IMG_20170723_182114_zpsjdqautwq.jpg

Aaaahhhh! Your suit looks amazing, man.

Awesome that you met the Dorans. Wish I could've been there.

Thanks man, I was pretty excited to meet them as well.

Paint job looks absolutely amazing!!

Question, do you have any plans to make an undersuit?

I do have plans to make an undersuit. I was just trying to knock out the suit and then do the light machine gun/undersuit next. I know its kinda lacking with an undersuit :D

Thanks man, I was pretty excited to meet them as well.

I do have plans to make an undersuit. I was just trying to knock out the suit and then do the light machine gun/undersuit next. I know its kinda lacking with an undersuit :D
MACHINNNEEEE GUUNNNN!!!! DOOOOO IIIITTTTT!!!! :)

lol, I'm just messing. Take your time; A good job takes patience. Did you finish the armor mod?

MACHINNNEEEE GUUNNNN!!!! DOOOOO IIIITTTTT!!!! :)

lol, I'm just messing. Take your time; A good job takes patience. Did you finish the armor mod?

You know he wants you to build it right this minute, don't you. Suit looks FANTASTIC!!!!! Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back