First Ever Attempt (Please Be Gentle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenpilk

ok I just wanted to make a quicky for haloween(get it?) anyway, I just wanted to make a quick chief suit. not done yet, but after halloween i will work on it some more. comments welcome, please be gentle.[attachment=12849:002.JPG]

Roadwarrior said:
looks good for a first time, after Halloween you might want to try Pepakura.

Agreed, it looks good for your first time, but I'd really recommend Pepakura. Cardstock and the other materials are fairly easy to obtain, and in my opinion, easy to work with. Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, if I saw you walking on the street in that thing, I wouldn'y recognize you as the Master Chief.

yeah i'm gonna probably trim the bottom off the chest piece.

I've looked at pepakura but it intimidates me. But I am gonna really add detail to it, then again its just a quicky for halloween and my brother has a quicky Odst suit(chest piece,shinguards, and helmet) doesnt really look like an Odst but he likes it.

allenpilk said:
yeah i'm gonna probably trim the bottom off the chest piece.

I've looked at pepakura but it intimidates me. But I am gonna really add detail to it, then again its just a quicky for halloween and my brother has a quicky Odst suit(chest piece,shinguards, and helmet) doesnt really look like an Odst but he likes it.

I started out with cardboard too and for a first time you did pretty well. Once i stop being lazy and find my camera I'll put my first suit on my profile if you want to check it out. If I were you I'd try out the halo 2 odst helm from the halo pepakura wiki. It's really simple and looks sweet haha

It looks good for a simple, cardboard quickie. When you're done with Haloween, hang it up proudly somewhere to remind you of your roots, and begin working on a pepakura one. They're really not as hard as they seem. Most of the parts are rather large and not prone to being ruined by mishandling.

Word to the wise, though, do not put your helmet on top of a lampshade to hold it up... It will warp it beyond all use. And a Weta ODST takes 4 days to make.

FS helm doesnt take much effort also i think i finished that with in a couple of hours but great start with what you have i could never build it off doing that pep just so easy for me

yeah, i ended up trimming the botton half off of the chest piece and it is way too short. Time to tear apart another box.

Potshot said:
Honestly, if I saw you walking on the street in that thing, I wouldn'y recognize you as the Master Chief.

how about constructive criticism instead?

Hey dude just go look at some reference pictures, remember it can be easy, quick and good, its just dependent on how much work you want to cram in before halloween

041.jpg
[/img]

Happy halloween! It turned out good for a quick fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back