First Ever Pepped Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancidaluminium

ive been into papercraft for about a year but discovred this site in september and got onto making a helmet when registration opened again.

so, onwards and upwards, here are some pics of my first pepped helmet, its still not completed but almost!

3152316324_402e7e5fa7.jpg

3151477523_9bcf314a9c.jpg

3151472927_2ee9aa674d.jpg

3151475207_016ce99e6b.jpg

3151470393_79e71625a2.jpg

i know the front and back are crooked, but im hoping that by the time ive put in the rest of the pieces it'll pull itself straight, fingers crossed.

over to you lot for C&C

Nice folds and all but it looks a little bit small. How well does it fit to you? if you try and open your mouth do you have room to talk? and is that DF4L's model?

hlomaster55 said:
Wow, thats turning out really nice. you should definitely put up pictures when its all done. :)
I finally found you're name on here muahaha! I watched all ur u tube vids. NICE HELM BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunatly it is too small to wear :( i just wanted to try it on! its about 3/4 of an inch too small

its the template by rundown, it was unfolded by a few people on a tread about 2 weeks ago

i know its too small but i will finish this stage, is there much point carrynig on to the resining and bondo stage?

rancidaluminium said:
i know its too small but i will finish this stage, is there much point carrynig on to the resining and bondo stage?

In my non-professional opinion- not really. Unless you really want to. I would make one 2-3 centimeters larger to see if it fits, then go on with fiberglass/bondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
if ur planning on building a bigger one wait a while because rundown is makeing his model better and is going to come out with a V2 model with supports and some stuff he missed so do these as testers and wait or use FS's mark 5 for now intul V2 comes out

finally got time to reply.

thanks for comments and info, i need to get more card but i think i will try FS's helmet, hope it turns out better than this one did, although im kinda proud of it. Does anyone know if rundowns V2 will be on the wiki or just on the forums so i know where to look!

this one i did at 27cms hight, shall i bump it up to 30-21 or a bit bigger so i can add padding and whatnot

yea that scale should work and rundown will probably post a topic when its done if you want to see if hes done then try pm he usually will respond pretty quick

how big is too big?! you could always use foam to pad it out

EDIT: ive downloaded FS's helmet and scaled it to 30cm's, reckon it'll be big enough or shall i up the scale a bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back