First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
?hash=08702efb603adfd7cc1461ea06b34215.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_102715442.jpg
    IMG_20201101_102715442.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 454
people have had success printing flexibles with bowden extruders but yeah it's though. Undersuit parts from chief in infinite were just posted in regards to 3d models. Great job on the armor so far tho

people have had success printing flexibles with bowden extruders but yeah it's though. Undersuit parts from chief in infinite were just posted in regards to 3d models. Great job on the armor so far tho
Thanks. I will check them out. I think if done right it would be awesome at least to print the exposed areas in a flexible filament parts and glue then to say a compression suit or something.

Painting done on front codpiece and bicep armor. Need to clear spray clear coat today. I have installed the light lenses and wiring up lights for the helmet today. Will install the tent on the visor when it comes in on Monday, hopefully it will look OK. If it works out I'll post the helmet Tuesday.

Last edited:
Im guessing your finishing process for the prints is the standard Filler primer then sand, repeat, process? The finish and shine on these parts are fantastic.
Primer filler was used at the end of the process. At the beginning I used XTC-3D epoxy. First coat, then sanded with 220 grit sand paper. The 2nd coat of epoxy, then sanded with 320 grit sand paper. About half way through I still wasn't getting quite the finish I was looking for with some of the deep imperfections from the printing process. So I put a 3rd light coat on and sanded with 400 grit. Needless to say there was a lot of sanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back