First-ish build ODST flood quick change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKSPARTANWOLF

I’m looking to modify my odst armor to make it modular flood. So I can have the armor normal one second and flood the next. Like in flood odst firefight on MCC. Only pictures I have the build I’m trying to make flood attached.
Any help on how to make flood stuff or best ways to modify it/ idea.
Would be appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• FECEF360-F869-44E8-9C3F-13DFF8C84A4A.jpeg
    FECEF360-F869-44E8-9C3F-13DFF8C84A4A.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 5FB7368E-B274-44FD-957E-41D5F965A537.jpeg
    5FB7368E-B274-44FD-957E-41D5F965A537.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 132
Ooh, this sounds exciting. Your title says "quick change", so does that mean you'd be wanting to transform to an ODST to a Flood ODST and back easily enough on a convention floor?

I’m looking to modify my odst armor to make it modular flood. So I can have the armor normal one second and flood the next. Like in flood odst firefight on MCC. Only pictures I have the build I’m trying to make flood attached.
Would be appreciated
Thanks
I have to put a pin in it for bit because my car died and thygeekdomcon this past weekend. I was thinking about making so kind of inflatable

Good luck with the car. A few of us were actually talking about this idea a while ago, and inflatables is what we came up with too! You could magnetize some armour to stick onto you and pop off when the inflatables expand, and then deflate them and stuff them back into a pouch when you want to transform back. Punished Props did a video a while back on making inflatables (though I'm sure you can find videos from people who are more experienced with this particular technique):

Good luck with the car. A few of us were actually talking about this idea a while ago, and inflatables is what we came up with too! You could magnetize some armour to stick onto you and pop off when the inflatables expand, and then deflate them and stuff them back into a pouch when you want to transform back. Punished Props did a video a while back on making inflatables (though I'm sure you can find videos from people who are more experienced with this particular technique):
Thanks I’m going to look into that

TurboCharizard made a really cool looking modular Flood attachment to his ODST awhile back. He build a head/shoulder chassis and an arm tube/claws out of foam and then built upon it with expanding foam. Once painted it looked really good. I'll try to dig up some photos or a link tomorrow.

Through the depths of time I present a six year old build thread. Possibly one of my first on the forums.
Like Duke said it's basically a hot swap replacement arm that clips in on the shoulder and plonks down overtop the chest piece.

Alright car is fixed. Now I can start working on this. Thanks for the resources everyone. Should start posting progress in the next coming weeks

Would be appreciated
Thanks
Your armor is awesome. I would do something like a Flood cover that would just drape over your armor. That way you can go back to today anytime you want. Cool name as well. Is that also your gamertag? Mine is if you want to add. Always looking for fellow Spartans to game with

Your armor is awesome. I would do something like a Flood cover that would just drape over your armor. That way you can go back to today anytime you want. Cool name as well. Is that also your gamertag? Mine is if you want to add. Always looking for fellow Spartans to game with
My gamer tag is the same. The thing I’m working on is a rip stop nylon inflatable conversion that will lay under the armor. So the armor can break away and bam flood arm

Would be appreciated
Thanks
So life has been busy as of late hoping to get this finished by derpycon on the 28. So at this point I have approximately size the infected arm. kind of free handing a lot of this and guessing. So this is basically gonna be a work in progress for awhile. My goal is to have a half infection form. Aka the arm done so I can be a cross between pfc Jenkins and Bill I think? from the hunters in the dark book who was half Promethean. anyway more to come

Attachments

• 3316D786-FC47-465A-B6A3-34F4F1784E7E.jpeg
    3316D786-FC47-465A-B6A3-34F4F1784E7E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • B6DD086F-3C99-4682-A2CE-55612623AAD9.jpeg
    B6DD086F-3C99-4682-A2CE-55612623AAD9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 59
  • 553688DD-EA0A-4C17-BD6F-EC73CAC241C0.jpeg
    553688DD-EA0A-4C17-BD6F-EC73CAC241C0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
So life has been busy as of late hoping to get this finished by derpycon on the 28. So at this point I have approximately size the infected arm. kind of free handing a lot of this and guessing. So this is basically gonna be a work in progress for awhile. My goal is to have a half infection form. Aka the arm done so I can be a cross between pfc Jenkins and Bill I think? from the hunters in the dark book who was half Promethean. anyway more to come
My sowing machine broke so fml for getting it finished by Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back