( First PEP) Lets get started (might be pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that's real nice. Should have one of my custom M6L Magnums ready if you want to use them. Sanding my custom DMR. For painting probably do that mon

thanks L Mo i also got this piece painted too just need to clear coat it. I know its not an Att. for the CQB but i liked it when i was running the Pilot helmet so i wanted to bring a little of that to it.
100_3375.jpg

Hey! It's been a while since I poked in this thread! You've made a ton of great progress so far!

On your mention of the medipack, I actually did model it after a lot of requests for it. It's not a great model, and could use some love from a 3d artist, but I think it turned out overall not too shabby:
The Halo1 helmets are easily moddable into something better looking if you are skilled with a dremel. Otherwise you could just repep it and take what you learned from that one and make an even better one the second time around. I am sure your mentor is not so impatient! It's about helping you at your pace, afterall.

Right here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29356-Halo-Reach-3d-Model-Pep-Request-Thread?p=626928#post626928

Tell me how it goes, the crummy model work shows itself in a few really weird pep pieces, but overall it should give you a decent starting point? Good luck!

this is looking awesome! Kinda motivating me to start my build back up. By the way, what color visor are you using? I found an hjc visor online that's tall enough to fill the opening even if you cut it for that angle on the bottom part. I can find the model number if you like, it was like $17.

This build is looking really good. I originally was going to model the Jorge chest piece but after looking at all the extra pieces it had compared to other chests it turned me to a simpler one. So definitely giving ya props on that. Good looking chest and I have noticed more people going with this CQB helmet, you could try doing a vacuform visor like people do for the ODST and Pilot helmets, if you are brave LOL.

Also, how did you get that "dirty" look on your helmet? Like what technique, because I have not found a TUT on how people do that and yours looks exactly what I was wanting to do.

Thanks to Katsu the Med kit is done couldn't have done it without him letting me use the file.

100_3377.jpg

100_3380.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3379.jpg

Also both boots are pepped just got to resin one and split them to go on my boots.

Hey great work man, you've made me think about which of my helmets I want to resin :v

Tell me which I should do? Thanks!
I like pepped resin Helmets they just look better to me, but the rest can go either way i have seen foam armor on here that look perfect and some pep armor thats so so and also the flip of it. its up to you.

Edit: ( post 117 in this thread Mine hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back