First pepakura... AoT mask! Sorry not Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onthebus

Decided to start my first pepakura which is just a small AoT mask.
4e16e01a.jpg

7b4f8dbe.jpg

Nice work, and its ok not everything in the forums is "Halo" oriented. There are plenty of Mortal Kombat, Iron Man, and various others.

4b145c53.jpg

I kinda forgot to add my rondo picture and the sanded down bondo but eh I got a dremel and tried adding damage and what not.
d5ae442f.jpg

I found a dull metal paint and decided that it looked pretty so I got it
f2e38c84.jpg

Mkay I'm almost done just a few more modifications. I ended up putting mesh over the eyes and added some red and black paint. Hope you like it!
f6208472.jpg

0e77c646.jpg

52ed374c.jpg

a few things to consider with the ODST build, just take your time and dont rush, that could be said for any build. there are plenty of ODST builds floating around that you can draw inspiration and motivation from.

a few things to consider with the ODST build, just take your time and dont rush, that could be said for any build. there are plenty of ODST builds floating around that you can draw inspiration and motivation from.
Thanks for the tip. I was gonna try to take as much time as I need. Do you know whether a foam or pep build would be easier?
And on a side note about my mask up there ^^^ I'm thinking about taking a welding mask and taking the head strap part off to attach my mask to so I can flip it up.
Any other suggestions??

to be honest, i dont know which would be easier. the welding mask strap would probably be a good idea. i think a company actually makes AoT masks for airsoft

Mkay that's what I was thinking about and yeah I need to finish all my summer reading... still got 17 days so I'm good.

Okay I'm gonna add some rust color to the mask. I'm trying to go for an explosive look and I saw a few pics of cars that caught on fire or exploded and they have a rust to them I guess cause the fire messed with the oxygen around but eh that chemistry... done with that class

Man, the scarring/battle damage looks awesome. It works well with this piece, so it's nice that you didn't have to spend too much time sanding. Be prepared to do a lot more of it with halo armour. Unless you really want it to look that battle damaged.

The welding mask idea is cool, but you probably don't even need anything that heavy duty. I've seen plastic face shields that have the same kind of flip up headband mechanism.

It see your bondo is thick, make it pretty thin when sanding, the thicker it is the more work has to be done, and its kind of a waste of good bondo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back