Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFred

Hello SPARTANS, ODST & COVENANTS! This is a thread where I'll be posting my progress build of the Halo Infinite Mjolnir Mark VII! I got the pattern from the 405th Forums. To scale my body and head to the files I used the HaloGoddess thread which I'll link down below as well.

Here are the links to everything just in case anyone needs them:
Halo Infinite MJOLNIR Mark VII

HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

I am making the helmet out of Pepakura and I will soon make it out of Resin and Harden it.

For the actual Armor itself I will be using EVA Foam I don't know what thickness I should get if anyone could suggest any I am currently looking at foam from TNTSUPPLY.

I will be updating this thread every time I do something major with the suit and helmet and help out newcomers as much as possible and maybe people could also help me with some questions I might have as well!

Hello SPARTANS, ODST & COVENANTS! This is a thread where I'll be posting my progress build of the Halo Infinite Mjolnir Mark VII! I got the pattern from the 405th Forums. To scale my body and head to the files I used the HaloGoddess thread which I'll link down below as well.

I am making the helmet out of Pepakura and I will soon make it out of Resin and Harden it.

For the actual Armor itself I will be using EVA Foam I don't know what thickness I should get if anyone could suggest any I am currently looking at foam from TNTSUPPLY.

I will be updating this thread every time I do something major with the suit and helmet and help out newcomers as much as possible and maybe people could also help me with some questions I might have as well!
Welcome next generation of spartans. Your journey starts now. But really welcome. If your using eva, it depends on the thickness of foam you want to make it out of. I use foam mats of 1/2 or 12mm for of my mk7 build. Some use 6-8mm for certain parts/detail (etc, waist, knees, shin) and others use 10-12mm for more of the build (forearms, biceps, chest and helmets)

welcome to the forum !!!
me too build infinite mk 7 and using 3mm for helmet and 5mm for the armor (and with 3d print part for the tempate too tiny to cut or maybe full 3d print if i'm lazy haha :lol:)

but since i'm still recovery from COVID-19 my progress is not so far
hope to see your progress and stay healthy (y)

IMG20210718140452.jpg

UPDATE!!!

As you can see I was about 50% done with the helmet and this morning I just couldn't connect the bottom half with the upper part of the helmet... Thus I ended up going in what I like to call SPARTAN RAGE and went in a fury of just ripping the helmet out of anger and frustration... (Pictures Below)

My respects to anyone who has actually done this helmet out of Pepakura and hardened it, and yes before anyone says if this was my first time dealing with Pepakura. NO, I made a clone trooper helmet out of one first try and got it right and done. This one just had so much detail... Now that I am typing this I have cooled down and do NOT regret doing that at all.

First off for some reason, my Prints kept skipping over some parts of the pattern so I had to reprint the trim and smaller pieces multiple times.

The only regret I have is wasting so much paper and ink that could've been used for another more important thing...

I think I will go the 3D print route too bad I don't have a 3D printer so I will probably have to look around for someone to pay. IF anyone knows somebody please let me know!!! Even if this is a tiny setback I still am determined to finish the armor no matter how many times I musty restart the part!

Sometimes to move forward you need to take back two steps to take a giant leap.
- BigFred
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
last.jpg

UPDATE: 10/22/21
I ended up investing in buying the program ArmorSmith so that stuff like that wouldn't happen to me again hahaha! So I will try to still keep you guys updated with everything I do with my project!

UPDATE: 10/22/21
I ended up investing in buying the program ArmorSmith so that stuff like that wouldn't happen to me again hahaha! So I will try to still keep you guys updated with everything I do with my project!
Armorsmith is a lifesaver. This save u time, money and material for cosplay builds of anything. Good job ^_^

Armorsmith is a lifesaver. This save u time, money and material for cosplay builds of anything. Good job ^_^
Yeah, I should've done that from the beginning with my other suits and maybe I would've actually completed them hahaha!
One question tho should I buy all the foam at once or one at a time?

Yeah, I should've done that from the beginning with my other suits and maybe I would've actually completed them hahaha!
One question tho should I buy all the foam at once or one at a time?
Depend on the pieces your doing, I would say buy at once. One at a time is entirely up to you

UPDATE: 10/27/21

It took me a couple of times to get the sizes right for my body and also because ArmorSmith kept crashing on me, But here it is all sized up for my personal measurements!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 153
UPDATE: 10/27/21

It took me a couple of times to get the sizes right for my body and also because ArmorSmith kept crashing on me, But here it is all sized up for my personal measurements!
You might want to bump the forearms a few percent to account for material thickness and being able to comfortably wear the piece. Having to wrestle yourself in and out of armour pieces is never fun.

You might want to bump the forearms a few percent to account for material thickness and being able to comfortably wear the piece. Having to wrestle yourself in and out of armour pieces is never fun.
Good thinking I will see if I need to bump up the percents for other parts of the costume!

So I'm in somewhat of a predicament... I need some help with the foam building process. How do I connect the pieces together do I just glue them all together and heat them up or do I have to cut out flaps for them to connect like if I were doing a Pepakura helmet? Sorry if this question is stupid... XD

If you need to heat form them, you do that and then glue them together. When cutting out pieces, remember to cut bevels into the foam if there is a sharp edge on the part. Without bevels, it's basically impossible to get good results due to the thickness of the foam, and cutting the bevels when cutting out the parts results in cleaner cuts than if you first cut out pieces, then cut bevels.

For glue, you can use high temp hot glue (low temp would get soft too fast), but using contact cement is cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back