First time Helmet (MKVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking dope dude. You can also do the weld on the outside by just feathering the seams with a flat blade of your soldering iron. Then in the finishing you’ll just sand smooth and glazing compound it. But dope progress my guy.

Looking dope dude. You can also do the weld on the outside by just feathering the seams with a flat blade of your soldering iron. Then in the finishing you’ll just sand smooth and glazing compound it. But dope progress my guy.
Thanks friend, and thank you for your tip, I might do this in the future, I'm afraid of welding the outside and losing detail or something, but welding the outside too would make it safer, I reckon.

Thanks my dude!

Looks great and all we're doing to the inside is adding some foam for comfortability and so it sits straight and everything. I've thought about spray painting it black but my helmet was printed with black filament so I probably won't

Thanks friend, and thank you for your tip, I might do this in the future, I'm afraid of welding the outside and losing detail or something, but welding the outside too would make it safer, I reckon.

Thanks my dude!
We had a 8 day print fail and a flat tip iron works great for doing a rough smooth out and what not and was actually able to salvage the helmet and it turned out just fine.

We had a 8 day print fail and a flat tip iron works great for doing a rough smooth out and what not and was actually able to salvage the helmet and it turned out just fine.
Oh I see, I had a piece failing several times, I was going crazy but eventually I figured it out, glad you could save your project!

I'll consider your tips, thanks!!

Oh I see, I had a piece failing several times, I was going crazy but eventually I figured it out, glad you could save your project!

I'll consider your tips, thanks!!
No problem a Dremel and the soldering iron works great for cleaning it up. And yeah it was trash so I took a shot at it cause I couldnt hurt it anymore. Thankfully we were able to save it especially since we're going to c2e2 now haha

Here’s how mine turned out.
BE592031-B30B-4305-81F7-73EFD3A6F17D.jpeg

Here’s how mine turned out. View attachment 320322
Yo, sorry for not replying this, things went wild here. But man, this piece is looking good, really cool, I'm even more motivated to finish mine now, congrats my dude.

On a little update, I've managed to apply resin and fiberglass, it was kinda nostalgic because I used to mess with this things when I tried my first pepakura helmet back when I was young. But damn, I'm never using this again in my life, it's way too toxic and I ended up spending more money than I think was necessary. Living and learning I guess.

I have no pics to show, the thing is drying up now, but I'll update you guys on this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back