Fixed EVA Pep File!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbates

I have realized that there was a problem with the old EVA pep file. The helmet was to put it short not the same on both sides and had floating faces. I have opened up the eva helmet in 3ds max, fixed this and sent it into pep, unfolded it, and now here is the file.

<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/44064096/197cd417/EVA_Helmet.html" target="_blank">
Here!
</a>

4shared is probably your best bet, since its free, and you can use it for your other projects too.

plus, 4chan already uses up rapidshare, and you dont want to get into that ;)

Rapidshare is also quite annoying to use since you have to input a code first before you can download anything. I like 4shared.com much better.

I can't stand Rapidshare because of those stupid codes...

Anywho, I just wanted to point out something in your title, "New and improved EVA Pep File, Ready for download!". Logically, you can't have something that is both NEW and IMPROVED because if something is New there has never been anything like it, and if something is Improved then there was a thing before that has been made better (hopefully). So really you are saying that this thing is never before seen, but already better than it has been before!

I suppose you could say that the developmental stage counts as improving it, but whatever :lol: Hehe, I've always wanted to point that out to people... :D

I am sorry about not exactly clarifying what I am doing so I will explain. I know not many people are too crazy about the EVA helmet so they probably have not tried the EVA Pep yet. Well I did thinking why not give it a whirl. Unfortunately I soon began to realize that the left and right sides slightly differed. My downside, unfortunately is that I'm a perfectionist. So I took the beta EVA helmet and went into 3ds Max, cut the model in half and and mirrored it across the y-axis, re-joined the two parts, imported the file into pepakura, unfolded it, and have now put the file up for all you guys. WOW, thats alot. I just want to make sure that if any of you guys are as picky as I am that you won't have to do this twice.

The link is in the 1st post and I hope it will help all of you.

P.S.
I have recently been considering doing an HD EVA Helmet.

agbates said:
I am sorry about not exactly clarifying what I am doing so I will explain. I know not many people are too crazy about the EVA helmet so they probably have not tried the EVA Pep yet. Well I did thinking why not give it a whirl. Unfortunately I soon began to realize that the left and right sides slightly differed. My downside, unfortunately is that I'm a perfectionist. So I took the beta EVA helmet and went into 3ds Max, cut the model in half and and mirrored it across the y-axis, re-joined the two parts, imported the file into pepakura, unfolded it, and have now put the file up for all you guys. WOW, thats alot. I just want to make sure that if any of you guys are as picky as I am that you won't have to do this twice.

The link is in the 1st post and I hope it will help all of you.

P.S.
I have recenly been considering doing an HD EVA Helmet.
I would so build it after I do my Reconz :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i like this model! its good, its just the unfolding is crap (no offense, i can do better :p )

you should do an HD EVA helmet, nobody has done it yet, and you may get noticed here ;)

I dont really see the point in an HD eva helmet file, its such a smooth curved helmet that doing the detailing isn't difficult, just use plastic. slight asymmetries in the pep file are the least of your worries really. I think from memory the parts of my EVA helmet I used pepakura on, I had done the same thing though, mirrored the base file that is. The helmet Im working on at the moment wasn't from a symmetrical file though. In reality the pepakura part gets so much bondo and other things added to it, its really not that important, all it is, is a basic armature for you to work on.

Yeah, what you're saying does make sense, oh and really cool hayabusa helmet. It looks great. That is by far, my favorite helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back