Fj's Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
well here i am again, i've finally got off my but to start working and here are a few pics. it took me forever to get the brim inlay and top presentable. Theres still a ton to do but i plan on having the helm pretty much all smooth by the end of this weekend:

Criticism and comments are greatly appreciated.
th_DSC00904.jpg
th_DSC00905.jpg
th_DSC00910.jpg
th_DSC00911.jpg
th_DSC00909.jpg

Nice work!

If you mean embed like in the middle of a post without having to upload it each time then first you need to upload you picture to a host like Photobucket and then copy and paste the Forum Command link into your post ie:

First:
Choosefiles2.jpg

Then copy & paste:
Choosefiles.jpg

PM me if you still need help ;)

SparTom007 said:
If you mean embed like in the middle of a post without having to upload it each time then first you need to upload you picture to a host like Photobucket and then copy and paste the Forum Command link into your post ie:

First:
That's not what he meant because what you described is just what he did in his OP. What he meant was that he wabted a smaller pic or a thumbnail in the post instead since those large pics causes the page to load very slowly.

My suggestion is to create a thumbnail pic (about 200x200 pixels) and then link this to its larger version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
That's not what he meant because what you described is just what he did in his OP. What he meant was that he wabted a smaller pic or a thumbnail in the post instead since those large pics causes the page to load very slowly.

My suggestion is to create a thumbnail pic (about 200x200 pixels) and then link this to its larger version.
Yeah he sent me a PM thanks but how does he make them appear smaller so:

When you upload them Change:
changesize.jpg

If you want to make pics smaller but the link bigger then upload the big sized pic on a seperate file and then a reduced size one. Use the reduced sized one as the one you show in the forum and then you can add the link to the full size file next to it. I am not an expert at all on formatting because I'm a forum noob but that should work easily although its not as convenient as being able to click the smaller image and it opens the larger image but if you can't be bothered wrting then someone will help you! I suggest finding a post with an image that opens upto a larger one when clicked and PMing the user of the post so that they can tell you how to do it!

Thanks guys for the comments. I will keep you updated but i probably wont be able to continue with smoothing until tomorrow night.

I did get a question about how i made the inlay in the brim. All i did was use the regular detail templates and put them on with cb. then i resin over detail and sand it down then make a little wall similar to what rondo users will use. I then placed the walls in the area that i need to build up and bondo. (is bondo a verb?)

heres what i mean
th_DSC00914.jpg
Ps. Thanks Spartom and Ral for the advise but it seems like a lot more work than its worth.

Update July 31

Just a little update, I put the last of the details on the back of the helmet. I also started on my torso but I'm not sure if I have the correct scale, what do you guys and gals think?

th_DSC00917.jpg
th_DSC00920.jpg

And here is what I have on the detail so far but I'll have pictures later tonight of it resined and smoothed.

th_DSC00932.jpg

Falling_Jihad said:
Update July 31

Just a little update, I put the last of the details on the back of the helmet. I also started on my torso but I'm not sure if I have the correct scale, what do you guys and gals think?

[pic]
[pic]
Looks good! Although it may be just a tad bit too big.

DeathStatus said:
is that a hd pep model of did you mold it outta clay or somethin like that? looks realy good.

I'm sure it's fairly simple to see that it's pep.

Especially if you look at the pictures and which section of the forum it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back