Flood Costume Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sweet. Some aspects remind me of how people make Predator costumes. The dreads for tentacles and the texture of the skin and stuff. Best site has to be http://www.thehunterslair.com/. Doing a little searching will get you plenty of results. And for the head tilting thing. I've figured just tilt it when doing the movies and getting pictures taken. Not like you need to stay in character when going to the bathroom or something

Thanks for the advice Acr1d. And yes, an actor in the costume would only need to tilt their head while the cameras are going and that would be a relatively short time.

Halo%20Human%20Flood%20Form.jpg
looks a lot like this good job, also more appearance
halo3wave3003large.jpg
this one is more up-to-date

EDIT

also i would say that the first pic like the first stage then the second pic is like the mature stage

I'm planning on making 3 combat form costumes, and possibly a carrier form (i want to blow one up haha). I am debating on how to do the infection forms, at least one life size model for direct interaction with actors, and possibly more. I don't really have the computer skills to make realistic infection forms, but you can't have a flood movie without swarms of "puffs" as my roomate calls them. I may make a few infection forms, and make the swarms with some editing tricks. They will essentially be puppets controlled by strings (marionettes?), I've used fishing line to make bullet hit effects, and I think it will work for controlling the infection forms. I'm sure it will take some practice to make it work but I think I can do it effectively. Thanks for all the compliments and input!

Dunno if this will help or not.
human.jpg
/human.jpg[/url]
Speaking of the little infection form guys I was thinking somehow using one of those little "bomb bag" things that you squeeze then swell up and eventually explode with a bang. would be interesting if you could somehow incorporate those! Also that second pic Spawn Camp3r put it makes me think you could get a mask with just sensory organ things coming out of it and a prop head lolling (lol) off to the side like in the pic. I might be thinking waaay out of your budget though haha.

well i could put a frame inside the mask so it maintains shape, then make a frame that would sit on top of my head and shoulders with the head off to the side. it would take more work, but would probably work better. that would be more than i was planning on putting into it but i will certainly consider it. i think i'll try the shoulder hump and holding the head to the side first though. i have to wait for my girlfriend or family to come visit to get some bdus to start working on the body because i'm like 3 hours from home :cautious: that will be like next weekend so chances are i wont have much more to show before then, hopefully i can work something out though. im working on a pep plasma pistol and smg at the moment to, and cg effects i started anothe thread about. i really want to work on the flood bodies though

This is relevant to my interests.....

I would have to agree on the hunters lair, they do some amazing work and several animatronics gurus exist there. Working on somethings myself actually with some help from them.

I can't wait to see further progress with the project!!

dude thats awesome I too am makin a movie butt my focus is covenat vs humans.for yor infection flood problems i say puppets then wen they explode stop the tape remove the flood then add a green explosion wer the flood used to be,and so on.for the carrier forms do the same but throw infec forms out wer it used to be . good luck friend on yor movie :D

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this. I think a lot of this costume will be acting like flood. You could have a sweet costume like this but could ruin it if you just straight up walk around chatting with others.

Thanks for all the input guys. I started working on an infection form miniature, I'm starting with a cardboard frame, heres some pics. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

And some paper towel skin

I was going to give it a stronger skin than paper towel but after further consideration i may not, as they are very fragile in the game and i could make lots of them cheaply. I may give it a spray paint coat with limited detailing with a hot glue gnu and a hand brush, I'll figure out what works best.

Heres a couple more pics of one of the little guys with some more work done. My roomate named him "Puff".

Still needs a bit of work, I'm debating on how much I want to paint/detail, maybe make a bunch of simple ones like this and a more detailed one for closeups. I'll figure it out, and I'm up for suggestions as always.

That looks great! Is it the first ever flood spore to be made?

Anyways, great job though. I can't wait too see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back