For the modelers out there who need help unfolding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wanted some Skyrim files, and at the time there were no files made except for the Iron Helmet and maybe some Dragon Priest masks. I was originally a noob at unfolding, but I feel I've gotten better. I unfold all my files, and will someday have all of Skyrim done. If anyone else needs help, I work well with 3D models in the .obj format.

Yeah, I wanted some Skyrim files, and at the time there were no files made except for the Iron Helmet and maybe some Dragon Priest masks. I was originally a noob at unfolding, but I feel I've gotten better. I unfold all my files, and will someday have all of Skyrim done. If anyone else needs help, I work well with 3D models in the .obj format.

You sure i saw some guy make a dardric helmet

This can actually be done depending on the pdf. Line drawing pdfs can be converted into dxf files, which can then be imported into pepakura. That being said, there isn't much you could do with a dxf file in pep as it is already flat. You can scale it, but you could do that native in autocad or other dxf drafting programs. What pdf do you want in pep?

would the taps be numbered because that's the only problem with the PDF version

would the taps be numbered because that's the only problem with the PDF version

For a dxf you could add the text via a drafting program such as autocad. Again since a pdf is already flat, pepakura wouldn't really even be needed to scale or print the file. Of course you could also add text in a pdf editor if that is your only problem. Or simply write the numbers on it when it prints out. Heck I don't even print the numbers when I do pep work. I just glue it together in front of the computer. That way I can see exactly how each part folds, and where it goes on the model.

It might be easier to make a pepekura file and find someone to unfold it for me if you Google pepekura file for Vash revolver trigun you'll see the problem with the instructions

Ok i've made the file and i am this close to begging my cousin's girlfriend is a massive fan of the Trigun series and this get's me free rides for a year
http://www.4shared.com/archive/SGRaqCRs/TRIGUN_-VASH_pistol.html
please help i need to get to the mall

okay, so i know you REALLY WANT THIS done but this is a .kmz file extension, which pep does not open and I have no idea how to convert this to an .obj file. convert this to an obj somehow and than I can help you and unfold it.

If anyone knows how to do this please post a response.If no response, than lockon you will need to find a way.

okay, so i know you REALLY WANT THIS done but this is a .kmz file extension, which pep does not open and I have no idea how to convert this to an .obj file. convert this to an obj somehow and than I can help you and unfold it.

If anyone knows how to do this please post a response.If no response, than lockon you will need to find a way.

normaly i wouldn't argue but i can open it no problem
here's a link if you don't believe me
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/38871-Google-Sketchup-3d-model-importation-Help-Needed.

I would like some help unfolding some models I created. The link is in my Sig. I would also like to know if they are pepable please, no hurry or rush. Thank you.

Edit: they are in .obj. thanks

crimmson i have been keeping a close stalker eye on your project :) i won't be home until probably Sunday. taking my kids camping for a couple days but i will take a shot at it this week

it depends on the project. i can take a look at whatever you have and tell you whether or not its good to start unfolding out what you need to do to get it there.

i have a helmet that i just cant seem to unfold the Halo 4 Marine helmet. Thank you :)
i have the .obj and Pdo

marine%20Helmet.jpg

i have the .obj and Pdo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19684590/Marine.pdo
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19684590/Marine.obj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back