Forge Gametype ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

Note: By the way, if someone else has already thought of something like this and posted it, my apologies and I can assure you this idea was from my own head. And hi-5ive for coming up with the same cool idea!

I've only just thought of this, so I may update the thread in the future with more information, but imagine making an open, flat level (with perhaps some surrounding high points) a maze by adding all kinds of walls and things? So players are wandering around and tricking each other with radar and whatnot but in a maze! And perhaps the middle or the 'end' of the maze holds a teleporter that will take you up above the maze where there are plenty of sniper rifles and beam rifles and ammo so that you can pick off the people down below! lol. How awesome would that be?

Anyway it's just a basic idea now but I might expand upon it. Tell me what you think and whether or not I should try and make this even more fun. This is all assuming, of course, that there is enough memory in Forge to place up to 100 wall pieces and whatnot. I think it could be done, though.

And of course, Capture the Flag gametypes would be hectically awesome as well. A team running through a maze trying to remember how to get back? lol, priceless! Saved Films of confusion galore.

So, what do you think? Yay? Nay? Maybay

or.

You can make buildings and buildings of boxes with briges and stuff that would be cool

This would be pretty cool, but Forge won't allow us to do that. The closest we could get would be a box maze on Sandtrap. Better yet, a Fusion Coil maze. One wrong move and everyone goes up.

HELL YEAH!!!

How, bout this?
Turn up speed to the max. Turn down gravity all the way. Put fusion cores everywhere. (spend all the money on it.)
Give everyone rockets.

FLY SWATTER
Rules/Player Options:
-Low Gravity
-Increased Speed
-No Shields
-Extra Damage If Needed
-Score To Win: Undetermined

Weapons/Vehicles:
-Weapons on Map: None
-Starting Weapon: Gravity Hammer
-Vehicles on Map: Single Hornet
-Vehicle Respawn: Instantly After Vehicle Destruction

Objectives:
The Idea of this game is one person gets in the Hornet and flies around shooting the ground people. Everyone else has a Gravity Hammer and has to try to smack the Hornet out of the air. It should only take one swing of the Hammer to bring the Hornet down, so extra damage will be applied if necessary. Hammerers are only to attack the Hornet and whomever kills the Hornet becomes the new Fly. Score To Win will likely be set at 25 or 50, but can be moved up due to popular demand.

CMax said:
FLY SWATTER
Rules/Player Options:
-Low Gravity
-Increased Speed
-No Shields
-Extra Damage If Needed

Weapons/Vehicles:

Objectives:
The Idea of this game is one person gets in the Hornet and flies around shooting the ground people. Everyone else has a Gravity Hammer and has to try to smack the Hornet out of the air. It should only take one swing of the Hammer to bring the Hornet down, so extra damage will be applied if necessary. Hammerers are only to attack the Hornet and whomever kills the Hornet becomes the new Fly. Score To Win will likely be set at 25 or 50, but can be moved up due to popular demand.
Nice one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's possible to make things spawn in the air, but if it is here's another game.

Level - any with little/no hiding places
Shields: No shield
Respawns: 10 per player
Weapons: Plasma pistol - no weapons on map

Spawn Fusion Cores in the air, have them respawn however fast you want them too.

Run around the map and don't get rained on by exploding things.

CMax said:
FLY SWATTER
Rules/Player Options:
-Low Gravity
-Increased Speed
-No Shields
-Extra Damage If Needed

Weapons/Vehicles:

Objectives:
LOL, i love this one. Great Job!

CMax said:
FLY SWATTER
Rules/Player Options:
-Low Gravity
-Increased Speed
-No Shields
-Extra Damage If Needed

Weapons/Vehicles:

Objectives:

i think that'll be a big hit like zombie and cat and mouse were. great idea! ;)

Not really a forge game, but still fun.

GAME: Hog Wars
Shields: None
Weapons: Plasma Pistols
Weapons on Map: None
Vehicles on Map: Warthog

Rules - Drive around and crash into other Hogs, and run over people on foot. No firing from turrets. You are allowed to beat down other players BUT ONLY if they try to steal your Hog.

Sounds kinda blah, but it was really fun in Halo 2 with a lot of people and on Waterworks. Might be great on Sandtrap with 6-8 Hogs.

-------------------------------------

GAME: OSZombies (OS stands for Old School)
Shields: None
Weapons: Zombies - Swords. Humans - Needlers.
Weapons on map: None
Vehicles on Map: None

Rules - get killed with a sword, you turn to a zombie. Get killed with needler, turn into a human.

This was the original way I played zombies. It made the game last a lot longer.

---------------------------------------

GAME: Scavenge
Shields: Normal
Weapons: Assault Rifle and/or Battle Rifle
Weapons on Map: None.
Vehicles on Map: None

Turn this into a slayer, CTF, Asssault, VIP, whatever game type. Only ammo you find is from your dead enemies.

How bout everyone starts with gravity hammers no weapons on the map all vehicles are mongooses everyone rides them and try to knock (kill) the other team while on the mongooses with the gravity hammers.

Spartan-419 said:
This would be pretty cool, but Forge won't allow us to do that. The closest we could get would be a box maze on Sandtrap. Better yet, a Fusion Coil maze. One wrong move and everyone goes up.
that be great! :K :lol: :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back