Forgedreclaimer's Halo Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raz is more of the concept sketch up though. I believe this one is more accurate to the final game model. I got this one printed up and on my desk. I'll start scoring at work tomorrow and see if I can get it put together, attachment and all, by saturday. Unfortunately I have a ten page paper, a two page paper, a presentation and a test to prepare for as well...

Let the games begin, Guess what piece of reach armor this is for you chance to win..... i got nothing lol.

i have no plans to end this project im just waiting on new reference to complete it.

Guess.jpg

Boba Fett said:
I say Carter. I actually like his helmet shape a lot... Keep 'em comin!

Ding! Ding! Ding!, winner with a correct ONE guess.

alright i closed my Elite armor pole with.

74 People wanting the files

18 don't really care

14 don't want it

ELITE ARMOR FTW. need to restart the project

now, i have a new pole up so be sure to vote what you want that we have not sen yet (shotgun would wait until further reference)

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Carter's helmet. The reach mag isn't really that different from the halo 1 mag, and the shotty is also pretty much the same. At least that's from what I've observed. We already have files for Jun's helmet, and they're HD enough to wait for a while. I'm willing to bet that there will be more Carter costumers out there than Kat because the difficulty in working with that prostetic arm. Those are the reasons I vote Carter, and oh yeah, I just want to build Carter's helmet for myself. ;) Always an ulterior motive...

I'm almost done with the ODST helmet. I should be posting it on the 4shared site soon and then updating the forum. Sorry to all the people who may have been waiting for it. In a few days, it will be up. That I guarantee you.

Meleck said:
I'm almost done with the ODST helmet. I should be posting it on the 4shared site soon and then updating the forum. Sorry to all the people who may have been waiting for it. In a few days, it will be up. That I guarantee you.

YAY!!!

Rhinoc, I am answering your plea and posting the link to the file on 4share.

As always I'm presenting the image of the unfold. So here is the latest previous ODST Rookie helmet from Forged Reclaimer.

gallery_17654_1971_267186.png

I want to offer this to all those who had the patience to wait for me to finish the unfold. This is for you guys (and gals I don't want to be prejudicial). As always I welcome any comments for improvement on the unfold to increase its ease of building. I also take any compliment (or donations if you feel so inclined). I don't think I am personally going to build this one as I have a rather large head. The custom Dutch helmet is more to my liking.

For those who are following my work and are detail oriented, you may notice that my tabs have shortened somewhat as I have moved from Scotch quick glue to hot glue. I thought the hot glue would be a pain in the butt but I realised after giving it a try that I like it a lot more as you can always unglue a tab that isn't placed properly. Something that cannot be done with Scotch glue (PVA) without messing the entire thing up.

Looks good, but I like to avoid those areas where the cut is real narrow and goes in half-way. Otherwise, it's very smooth, space-efficient, and well laid-out. I'm nearly finished with my version, more parts but less of those cut lines. Great work Melek!

Boba Fett said:
I like to avoid those areas where the cut is real narrow and goes in half-way.

I'm trying to figure out which part you are talking about and I can't. Can you tell me a piece (page and general position) that would illustrate what you are talking about. I'm always game to rethink why I do thing to see if there is a better way.

One thing I do try to do is not to have cuts that are on the same line. I'll try when it's feasible to have cuts that overlap so a cut is supported by another piece of paper which is uncut. That's not always possible since I also try to maintain symetry.

The space efficiency is good if you don't have to resize it UP. Otherwise, it's a real pain in the butt since you almost have to redo the entire unfold because it doesn't fit on the page anymore. It's also not A4 friendly. Sorry for our members using European paper sizes.

its very good, great unfold job.

one thing though, this appears to be one of the older models of my odst helm. did i ever contact you about the new one?

Don't tell me I didn't unfold the last one? OK, it seems you just did. Yes, you did contact me and I said I would do it. I've got to look at my files to figure out what happened. Damn I hate it when that happens.

DAMN and DOUBLE DAMN. You're fracking right. This isn't the last one. The last one had U-shaped grooves and that one doesn't. OK, looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Something in the back of my mind was telling me that it was too easy but I let it go. I probably got lost in the naming convention. I'll find the latest and get back to you.

<-- Edit -->

I found it. Thanks Forged, yes that was the old one. The new one was in a different folder. Too many files aaaarrrrgggghhhh. The work on the new unfold is now my number 1 priority (I sound like a politician). I know people are waiting for it and requesting it so I'll try not to let you down.

<-- End of Edit -->

Sorry guys if I mislead people. It's still a good unfold but not the one you were expecting or requesting.

before you put to much work into it though tell me if the groves are not to small for pep. if so i will go back and make a new version.

its alright, everyone makes mistakes, look how long and how many time i had to re-upload my odst helm to get it right lol.

Some new stuff(just one lol). this is Emile's grenade that goes with a grenade launcher. its basic and probably better to scratch build but whatever. i was going to post this with a load of other stuff as a surprise but ill do that another time, or when i get to post my new model.

GRENADE!

Grenade_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

After a few days of getting my arse..nal together, I finally unfolded the last Rookie Helmet done by Forged Reclaimer. Yes, this time it`s the right one. There are a lot of very small pieces or very narrow pieces. I don`t know hjow feasible it is to build. My gut instinct tells me that it`s going to be a tough build but would definitely be worth it for someone with more skills at pepping than sculpting (such as moi).

OK, without further ado, here is the Improved HD Rookie helmet from Forged Reclaimer.

gallery_17654_1971_293402.png

As always, I welcome your comments on improving this unfold and look forward to see the final result if anyone is building this version. I know Reach is coming up and a lot of people are concentrating on doing these characters but don`t let the ODSTs down.

On a side note, we got some nice weather here so I could resin a few things and I have a lot of things to learn on resining the outside of helmets and the mudglassing of the inside. No ODST yet, sticking to more medieval looking stuff. I envy EVERYONE who has a space indoors to work. (Yes BEN that`s you among others.) It's not easy resining a helmet outside on a windy day. I do get good ventilation though.

Wow, that is a great unfold! I think you may have just tempted me to build another ODST, Meleck.

BTW: Those are pretty sweet little nades ForgedReclaimer! (I'd just have to start molding them, because I'd hate to build ten of them ;) ) (Meaning: That I don't have enough patience to pep 10 nades.)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back