Fun with Mcfarlane Figures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Hmm, that's quite an army you've got there, but who are they going to fight? I see no Covenant!

yeah, I wanted to get like 12 grunts, but damn they're expensive.. If you want I could just have him crush blue team, since that's always enjoyable

Last edited by a moderator:
What sucks is around here they only store I can get them at is gamestop and they dont have much of a selection and all of them have the same ones here. So I have to get them online.

Same here Twitch. Walmart never has any Halo figures. They have everything else though. Gamestop here has like 5 figures.

Gamestop is my number one place to get them. Toys R Us and FYE were day trips for me. I've checked seven walmarts and the closest I've ever found to any sort of action figure was a set of blue action clix in the discount aisle... That's the walmart I'll be hitting on the 8th though.

I care, and it's cool, but by the time I actually found the forum post I forgot to post back here.. Probably should include a link, I found it difficult to find.. and now I've forgotten how I found it again.

LOOOL
Are the details on these pretty accurate?
I was planning on going out to buy a Hayabusa figure for ref.
.. and perhaps for random pics like these.

B1ahh said:
LOOOL
Are the details on these pretty accurate?
I was planning on going out to buy a Hayabusa figure for ref.
.. and perhaps for random pics like these.

the details are darn near perfect, few things I've noticed here and there, but on the whole I'd rate it very highly

and for lazy people here is the picture Queen linked

vacationingindcandmiscellaneouspics.jpg

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Hey man how did you go about painting yours. Like the black wash and everything It looks like it came that way.
It did come that way, it's a series 1 exclusive.

Wow surprise is still kicking :).. I should update the other stuff I got.. The only thing is the walmart figures.. I have all the 2nd series.

GruntOfAction said:
What type of bike toy is that? I want one in Olive green for my Green EOD LOL!!
It's a generic finger bike that I got like...10 years ago in Canada. It originally had black tires, but I swapped 'em with another bike I had.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
No im talking about his custom painted griff and simmons.

for simmons I filled all the cracks and covered the details details (like visor, thigh black plate things) with vasoline, spray painted black, and then again with a light coat of dark red, then used a needle to empty the vasoline from the holes.. But I still thought the paint was a bit thick in areas, so I used a brush and spread some thinner in some areas, or scraped them down and then repainted.. (in hindsight I really don't know why I bothered with the black coat, but he did pretty darn cool in solid black)

For grif I decided to just try painting the figure directly, just coated a brush in orange spray paint and added a coat, then used a needle to get any paint that had fallen in the grooves out.. Personally I like how grif turned out a bit better.. with such minute details I feel like a lot of simmons details were lost after two coats of paint, and he was a lot harder to then get looking right.. They both look great now, but if I had the chance to redo it, I'd do simmons the same way as grif. Church and tucker are up next, but I'm waiting for the sniper rifle.

Also, both figures were originaly MC, although if I had done this back when whites were common, I probably would of bought a ton of them and painted them.. Having said that I might go with the silver ones next series, so I can just scratch them to create battle damage with the silver underneath.

volkov said:
the details are darn near perfect, few things I've noticed here and there, but on the whole I'd rate it very highly

Thanks!
I guess I'll go out to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back