GalaxyCon Info and Roll Call: December 2nd, 2022 - December 4th, 2022 (Columbus, OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, post has been updated with general time frames and shift placements. We will be doing a panel at this convention as well for "Armor 101" going over the different build methods and pros and cons but that information for times is pending. Please sign up where you'd like to work timeslot wise for the event to make sure we have all the times covered for people manning the booth. These are still subject to change.

I have a total of 16 complimentary passes available as well as a discount code that is intended for handler pass purchase. So as long as people sign for slots to work you are guranteed a complimentary pass and discount code.
Hey Jonah, I saw we should only sign up for 1-2 things. Is the photo ops thing in armor? Same with booth shift? I plan on being in armor for a majority of the weekend.

Another question came up by Yogi Ratava and I: do we purchase a pass and then you will comp us or after we sign up for our shifts do we meet you somewhere to get the comp passes?

Hey Jonah, I saw we should only sign up for 1-2 things. Is the photo ops thing in armor? Same with booth shift? I plan on being in armor for a majority of the weekend.
You can do any of the shifts in or out of armor. Just be able to speak with folks is all I ask

Speaking from experience, if you are running the Information/Public Relations/Q and A side of the table, I recommend being out of armor and wearing either your HOD Jersey, if you have one, or another 405th Branded item from our RedBubble Shop:

The Photo Op shifts are definitely meant to be done in armor, but It's just easier to talk about the group and explain our mission and even the various construction methods while being out of armor. Plus, it's easier to sit down at the booth not in costume.

Last edited:
Another question came up by Yogi Ratava and I: do we purchase a pass and then you will comp us or after we sign up for our shifts do we meet you somewhere to get the comp passes?
Good question, which I just got the answer to! I will have all the passes starting set up on Thursday and distribute them out to all members. We also just got the times for the panel, Saturday at 1:45 PM in the Cosplay Panel Room (Which ill have to refer to their layout to find that.).

Cadet also does make a good point. It is up to members in that station how they want to approach it but definitely if you can, helmet off or be able to hear and speak to interested guests at the booth. I will also figure in a repair station with requisite supplies. In terms of that station, what are some key things you guys will want access to FOR repairs?

maybe a hot glue gun and glue stick for fast fix and if we need i can bring a small sewing kit to use for repairs. i can even bring a hot glue gun if need be and glue sticks we will need a a plug or long cord so we can reach the outlet. i will have some nylon and elastic for some repairs.

In terms of that station, what are some key things you guys will want access to FOR repairs?
2nd to hot glue gun and hot glue. duct tape and/or gaffer's tape could also be useful. maybe some thin foam or cosbond sheets and scissors as options for reinforcing repairs from the inside.

I could bring down some superglue contact cement hot glue and foam for a cosplay "med kit". The glue gun I have is rechargeable and have a crap ton of hot glue

Last edited:
maybe a hot glue gun and glue stick for fast fix and if we need i can bring a small sewing kit to use for repairs. i can even bring a hot glue gun if need be and glue sticks we will need a a plug or long cord so we can reach the outlet. i will have some nylon and elastic for some repairs.
I got a sowing kit I can bring

We don't have CE specific files, but we do have several options for the Reach Health Pack, which is basically the same.

Moe has a 3D print file:

And we have a pepakura and foam templates in the Armory:

Count me in as tentative, not 100% sure if I’ll have a full enough suit by then and the free time but I’ll see what I can do!

Hey all! I've been talking with Ender Of Time and we'll be rooming together with his wife. So, that puts us at 3. If anyone wants to save some cash on a hotel and bunk with us, there's room for one more! @ me or PM if you'd like.

- I'll delete/edit this post once the spots taken, so if you see this, it's still up. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back