[Gaming] The 405th's Destiny Clan (Caution: Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm pretty sure Bungie said if we started on PS3/360 and then upgraded to PS4/XB1, our Guardians would transfer so we didn't have to start over, but has anything been said about whether they could go back and forth? For example let's say someone has both Xbox systems, starts on the 360, then goes to ONE, if that person wanted to go back to the 360 to be able to play with other 360 clan members, would they have to restart or could they keep their same Guardian and progress back and forth?

Now, I'm pretty sure Bungie said if we started on PS3/360 and then upgraded to PS4/XB1, our Guardians would transfer so we didn't have to start over, but has anything been said about whether they could go back and forth? For example let's say someone has both Xbox systems, starts on the 360, then goes to ONE, if that person wanted to go back to the 360 to be able to play with other 360 clan members, would they have to restart or could they keep their same Guardian and progress back and forth?

I was able to switch back and forth seamlessly between the 360 and the one in beta, I don't know why this wouldn't carry over to the final game.

Here's hoping it does. Not in that situation yet, but it would be really annoying to have to either choose only one system, or have to redo everything on each.

If someone could add my GT, Remraf27, to the xbox one list, that'd be great. I'll be joining the Bungie group soon too.

Remark #1: Okay, I will be using my 2nd post in this thread for updates in terms of sharing all the little bits of awesomeness that Bungie has supplied for us in regards to Destiny. They have done quite a bit, so I encourage those of you who really want to delve into the Destiny universe to check these things out to make the most out of your experience.

Remark #2: Son of a ...........

Well... today, when I went to: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clans/Welcome
I got this message:
It looks like you're not in a Clan.

The frontier is a dangerous place to explore all alone. If you
would like to join a team of Guardians who are sworn to
protect each other, search for a Clan that shares your
mission.

Or don't, if you're that brave.

Highly annoying.
While everyone else and myself are all still a part of the "Group", I'm not seeing anything pertaining to the "Clan" at all. No where to join, and no where in which it states who all is in the clan.

I'm gong to have to assume that the Clan Features are currently being revamped. Maybe it'll even be possible to create a clan that begins with a number rather than being forced to use a letter initially. :angry :unsure (I'll be honest, I wanted to create just "405th", not "The 405th".)

Hopefully, when the maintenance is over with we will all be added back in automatically.
If not, and I apologize to everyone, we will need to go back in and manually add ourselves back into the Clan.

I'm sorry if I shot the gun too early trying to get this going, I did not know this would happen, I'm just as annoyed as you all are.

Remark #3: Well, just found this and I'm not sure what to do, so I would love some input.
To start an Alliance, first choose whether to create a new group for clans to join, or an existing clan to roll other clans into:
Please expand the image (screenshot) below in order to understand the topic I am bringing up.
Clan, Group, Alliance... Idk.png
Zaff, Demogorgon, you guys seem to be "in the know" in regards to staying up to date with Bungie/Destiny related info. What do you two think?

I'm guessing I would go with the "Promote Group" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Macattack64
2) Macattack64
3) Xbox 360
4) HDK Mac

It seems like you already had this information other than being on 360.

WandererTJ, The clan system was deactivated so they could vamp it up. It will be back up and running the night of the launch. We WILL have to manually set The 405th to our clan once launch day comes around.

As for the alliance stuff. I'm not sure exactly what the benefits are of being in a alliance, but it's pretty much just a large group that multiple clans can be in. So, for example, let's say we start the Alliance: Prop Builders United. We can then add clans to the alliance that are other prop building clans (RPF clan, Dented Helmet clan, The 405th clan, etc.)

Again, I'm not entirely sure what benefits come from being in an alliance but it's just another way to group players, in this case clans, together.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) 405th Username: cha0skn1ght
2) Xbox Gamertag: cha0s kn1ght
3) Console: Xbox One
4) Bungie Forum Name: cha0s kn1ght 88

Demogorgon's right. The Clans as we knew them were as much a Beta test as the Beta itself, and will be reopened when the game launches.

And the assessment of Alliances is about right. Basically it's a grouping of clans. The obvious benefit here is you have a larger pool of players (I think Clans only allow 100 members, having an alliance multiplies that number). It's entirely possible we may need to set up multiple clans for the 405th if we have more players than clan number limits allow.

However, if we are considering non-405th alliances, might I suggest reaching out to the Spartan 1 Program group? They're a gaming group primarily focused on Halo but also branching out into other games and their main mantra is "Make friends, get achievements, blow stuff up," and including myself there are already a few members (like BlazedStarbon) here who are also there. Their whole goal is to help people get achievements. They've had teams set up to run people through the Halo Vidmaster challenges (some having several hundred runs under their belt. Imagine that, doing ODST's "Endure" 250 times...these folks are hardcore awesome). With there being achievements centered around strikes and raids requiring completion with fellow clan members, the more numbers we have, the better, and who better than a group who has dedicated themselves to tackling crazy achievements? I just hope Alliance members count as fellow clan members for these achievements. I don't want to have to choose between the 405th and the S1P or have to go through the hassle of "leaving" one clan to "join" another just for the sake of achievements.

Complete list of Destiny codes

Enter them at Bungie.net to unlock emblems, Grimoire cards, and possibly more.

Destiny Collector's Card #1 - Class: Warlock
MVD-4N3-NKH

Destiny Collector's Card #2 - Class: Titan
3DA-P4X-F6A

Destiny Collector's Card #3 - Class: Hunter
3DA-P4X-F6A

Destiny Collector's Card #4 - Fallen: Riksis, Devil Archon
TCN-HCD-TGY

Destiny Collector's Card #5 - Destination: Cosmodrome
HDX-ALM-V4K

Destiny Collector's Card #6 - Enemy: Hive
473-MXR-3X9

Destiny Collector's Card #7 - Destination: The Ocean Of Storms, Moon
JMR-LFN-4A3

Destiny Collector's Card #8 - Exotic: Gjallarhorn
HC3-H44-DKC

Destiny Collector's Card #9 - Destination: The Tower
69P-VCH-337

Destiny Collector's Card #10 - Exotic: The Last Word
69P-KRM-JJA

Destiny Collector's Card #11 - Hive: Ogre
69R-CKD-X7L

Destiny Collector's Card #12 - Destination: Valley of Kings, Mars
69R-DDD-FCP

Destiny Collector's Card #13 - Enemy: The Fallen
69R-F99-AXG

Destiny Collector's Card #14 - Exotic: Red Death
69R-VL7-J6A

Destiny Collector's Card #15 - Enemy: Cabal
69X-DJN -74V

Destiny Collector's Card #16 - Destination: Shattered Coast, Venus
6A7-7NP-3X7

Destiny Collector's Card #17 - Vex: Minotaur
6A9-DTG-YGN

Emblem: Sign of the Finite
7F9-767-F74

Emblem: Binding Focus
FJ9-LAM-67F

Emblem: Ab Aeterno
JDT-NLC-JKM

Emblem: Field of Light
JNX-DMH-XLA

Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge
7CP-94V-LFP

Emblem: Illusion of Light
JD7-4CM-HJG

Shader: Double Banshee

7MM-VPD-MHP

Shader: Oracle 99
RXC-9XJ-4MH

So now we're up to 23 codes, but so far just emblems and grimoire cards. Would be cool to at least get some low-level shaders, if not actual gear. But then I didn't even know about the other 5 emblem codes until just now. Thanks Demogorgon.

Edit: FOund two more. Now we're at 25 and SHADERS!

Shader: Double Banshee - 7MM-VPD-MHP
Shader: Oracle 99 - RXC-9XJ-4MH

And for those who don't already know, if you pre-order Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare you get a code for a Destiny shader called "Blacksmith."

So now we're up to 23 codes, but so far just emblems and grimoire cards. Would be cool to at least get some low-level shaders, if not actual gear. But then I didn't even know about the other 5 emblem codes until just now. Thanks Demogorgon.

Edit: FOund two more. Now we're at 25 and SHADERS!

Shader: Double Banshee - 7MM-VPD-MHP
Shader: Oracle 99 - RXC-9XJ-4MH

Added them to the list.

From what I read, the 5 emblem codes were leaked on reddit from the limited edition version of the game (unconfirmed, just what I read), but they originated on reddit. Where did you find the shader codes?

Found them here. Anyone know exactly how shaders work? Is it one shader to color the entire suit, or can they be applied to individual pieces? Also, are we stick with a preset color scheme or is more of a "dye pack" where you get a certain set of colors, but can apply them as desired?

I think it "dyes" your entire outfit instead of being able to individually dye items.

KGnjrkc.jpg

You can see this is the only slot to place shaders in your main inventory. There will be a large variety of shaders available so I assume there will be a lot of different color combinations. It'd be cool if we could make our own shaders but I don't think we will be able to.

Ah. I was hoping just to be able to color pieces using the selection from any given shader. For example, the CoD:AW "Blacksmith" shader offers a gunmetal, silver, and gold scheme, but for the Warlock it's pretty much all silver with gold and gunmetal accents, while the TItan and Hunter are primarily Gunmetal with silver and gold accents. Heh, honestly would rather be able to pick just the gunmetal and silver and leave out the gold.

405th Username, cha0spr1nces5
Xbox Gamertag, cha0s pr1nces5
Console playing on, Xbox One
Bungie forum name, Pr1nc3s5Aka5hka

Is anybody else going to play in the wee hours of around maybe 1:30 (that is a hopeful time :) ) to about 5 in the morning. I have to wake up for work at 4:30 anyways so i figured i would stay up and play Destiny right after I got it.

If any one is interested, shoot me a message on xbox live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back