Getting into Spartan IV Shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job. Also chicken breast. You body can absorb more protein from this meat per ounce than others.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

So yesterday I met with one of my old buddies that sells Herbalife products and trains people.

He gave me an absolutely AMAZING tip and I feel silly for not thinking of it before now.

So, when it comes to making food for myself, I usually only cook what I'll be eating right then and there, in the next 10 minutes. It has worked pretty well for me, as I would determine how much I could eat without going over on calories, then I would measure out the weight of the meat I could eat, then cook only that much, and eat it.
It is certainly helpful so that you don't prepare too much and allow yourself to overeat.
On the downside though, it adds a lot of time each day to time you spend preparing meals for yourself, and if you are lazy like me, then it is just a lot easier to toss something less healthy into the microwave for 2 minutes.

Well, the awesome tip he gave me, was that when you are preparing a meal, don't just prepare 1 meal. Set yourself up for lunch for the week, grab some tupperware (or resealable bags) and toss in some meat to have for each day that week.

You still have to make sure you eat it so it doesn't go bad, but significantly reducing the overall time it takes to make food during the week is efficient and I like it.

Totally buying a lot of chicken breasts this weekend.

Oh, and I also had an intense workout that almost made me vomit. I mostly blame the abdominal workout.

So yesterday I met with one of my old buddies that sells Herbalife products and trains people.

He gave me an absolutely AMAZING tip and I feel silly for not thinking of it before now.

So, when it comes to making food for myself, I usually only cook what I'll be eating right then and there, in the next 10 minutes. It has worked pretty well for me, as I would determine how much I could eat without going over on calories, then I would measure out the weight of the meat I could eat, then cook only that much, and eat it.
It is certainly helpful so that you don't prepare too much and allow yourself to overeat.
On the downside though, it adds a lot of time each day to time you spend preparing meals for yourself, and if you are lazy like me, then it is just a lot easier to toss something into the microwave for 2 minutes.

Well, the awesome tip he gave me, was that when you are preparing a meal, don't just prepare 1 meal. Set yourself up for lunch for the week, grab some tupperware and toss in some meat to have for each day that week.

You still have to make sure you eat it so it doesn't go bad, but significantly reducing the overall time it takes to make food during the week is efficient and I like it.

Totally buying a lot of chicken breasts this weekend.

Oh, and I also had an intense workout that almost made me vomit. I mostly blame the abdominal workout.

Yeah making many meals at once, the master hint for family meal planning. Make enough for:
1 - Dinner that night
2 - One more dinner that gets put in the freezer
3 - Lunches for the next day

I also find that getting the B/S chicken breast packs when they go on sale and packaging them with a marinade in the freezer makes them super easy to thaw (put into fridge the night before you are going to cook them) and grill.

I usually like to keep an extra bag of cooked diced chicken breast handy in the meat keeper of my fridge, adding it to some quinoa, beans, an avocado, and some salsa makes a super great meal in 20 minutes, less if you keep some leftover rice and beans in individual size containers ready for the microwave.

I don't think I've ever worked out so hard I had to vomit. Which seems odd because I have a very sensitive gag reflex, weird.

If you ever feel like challenging yourself to the extreme, check out the Crossfit workout called "The Murph".

Well maybe when I am a real spartan I can attempt that; right now I think that would be the death of me... Egads I would have to eat sooooo many calories in order to run that much and not have my body eat away all my muscles (well my tiny little excuses for muscles :$).

Well I haven't updated my exercises for a couple of days, but that hasn't meant I have been slacking. I have kept this crazy regime going and today I graduated to LEVEL 4 of my Chisel and Burn workout. Yeah, that means I did 3 circuits of 4 of each; overhead lunges, chest presses, split stance deadlifts, static squat curls, and push-ups. I know i'm not moving very fast in the reps department, but I am working them up gradually over time to give myself a chance to get my dietary needs in line with the extra activity.

I have been having difficulties, also, with maintaining my protein levels. I seem to have too much of a sweet tooth and whittle my available calories on food that doesn't give me the right amount of protein.

Slowly I will get used to making better choices for myself.

Yeah making many meals at once, the master hint for family meal planning. Make enough for:
1 - Dinner that night
2 - One more dinner that gets put in the freezer
3 - Lunches for the next day

I also find that getting the B/S chicken breast packs when they go on sale and packaging them with a marinade in the freezer makes them super easy to thaw (put into fridge the night before you are going to cook them) and grill.

I usually like to keep an extra bag of cooked diced chicken breast handy in the meat keeper of my fridge, adding it to some quinoa, beans, an avocado, and some salsa makes a super great meal in 20 minutes, less if you keep some leftover rice and beans in individual size containers ready for the microwave.

Sounds like that would make a delicious corn tortilla wrap even though I don't know what quinoa is. What kind of beans do you usually keep?

I don't think I've ever worked out so hard I had to vomit. Which seems odd because I have a very sensitive gag reflex, weird.
I've thrown up like once ever from working out. It was highschool and we all had to clock in the fastest time we could do 2 miles at football practice. Keep in mind that at 3:30pm in the summer, Oklahoma is not a fun place to be; so hot...

But in regards to recently, I think it might have just been that my organs weren't used to moving around the way that I was, and I kinda just shocked them.

I had a weight ball, and laying on my back with my legs in the air (somewhere between 60° and 90°) and holding the ball extended out over my head, I had to bring the ball up to me feet and try to get it as high as possible.
Basically, think about trying to bend down and touch your toes while you are standing....... now think about trying to do that same thing while laying on your back.

Then after doing a set of that, I still had my feet in the air (like 30° off the ground) and I was sitting up slightly and I had to touch the ball to the ground on either side of me, switching back and forth over and over. This is probably what made me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back