Ghilie Suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyfist

Jr Member
O.K so I already am doing a non- Halo project. This amazing project is... making a ghilie suit!!! I was wondering if there are any references to a ghilie suit in any Halo universe related thing. When I finish my ghilie suit, is there any way, besides putting it over armor to make it look "Halo-ish"? Thank you for your time.

I don't think there are any pictures of Ghillie suits in the Halo universe, but I'll do a Google search to check.

EDIT: Yeah, the only thing I can find is a guy wearing Security that's hiding in a bush. Maybe you should try making a ghillie/Marine hybrid? I don't know.

I can't say I've come across anything ghillie related in the haloverse but they sure are fun to make.

I have two back only ghillies, one full suit, and 2 blanket ghillies sitting around for airsoft and for sneaking up on people when camping..

Ghillie suits are always awesome. I'd say they'd definitely fit into the Halo universe. If you're making a full suit, it'd be hard to make it more Halo-themed though, aside from having the Halo sniper rifle to go with it. :p

I had one. It was an incredibly time consuming effort to make.But damn it was awesome to use. Not comfortable but very useful when getting up close and personal

A UNSC/UNSCMC/UNSCDF marine/ODST/whatever would only have a ghillie suit, A camel pack (water), the sniper rifle, a sidearm, a few extra mags for both weapons, rations, and a spotter. Sometimes, depending on the mission there would be a third person in the sniper team.

So, all you need is a ghillie suit, a drop leg holster, a M6G/M6C/M6C SOCOM (Automag), your sniper rifle of choice, and a few extra mags.

Sounds like a great plan so far!

A great thing to start a ghillie suit with is a flight suit. You can pick one up at an ARMY/NAVY store for like $15-$20. On top of that, sew/epoxy on a large net/mesh. Use that to attach strips of dyed burlap that you pull apart. When you pull the burlap strips apart, take the strands and tie them in loose knots around the net. You can attach twigs and fresh plants to the netting as more camo. Make sure you reinforce the elbows/forearms, chest, and knees with canvas if you will be doing any crawling. Only attach things to the back otherwise you will get caught up on stuff. That is, unless you want to make a pancho like ghillie suit. For that just get the piece of fabric that you want to use and do basically the same thing for it. This will get you caught up on stuff if your crawling, but I can't imagine crawling in ODST gear. xD

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

i was gonna build the scout armor in all digital forest camo, but i think that the marine armor with a guille type blanket or cloak would be sweet kinda like this:
m1241750_99060105176_cadiansnipersmain_873x627.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back