gold tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitchfmx8811

ok first I want to say I have searched everywhere. Im looking for gold window tint or something close. I have searched the net, autozone, oreilly autoparts, walmart, called every tint shop in town (no one even does color) and the closest thing I can find is silver. Anyone have any ideas?

ebay. type in gold window tint as a search, scroll down to ebay stores, there's a place that sells a 24" x 72" roll for 15 bucks.

Ruze789 said:
ebay. type in gold window tint as a search, scroll down to ebay stores, there's a place that sells a 24" x 72" roll for 15 bucks.

ya i just looked that up it wont work on plastic or plexiglass or acrylic windows

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know they say that but it may also be a disclaimer, all kinds of things tell you not to use it certain ways but people do anyway... I'm going to be trying some black tint out tonight or tomorrow to see if it will even work. I've got a couple different kinds of plastic. Maybe somehow it can be made to work.

I tried gold tint, peice of crap.

A motorcycle visor works sooooo much better and is more comfortable on your eyes, the tinting isnt as good, isnt as easy to see though. The end cost is about the same if you bought a 20 dollar clear visor and a 15 dollar roll of tint, just pay the same and get a REAL visor with iridium gold finish.

Well we came up with the idea that we take the tint then my girlfriends dad would take it to work and have it laminated. So it would just be the price of the tint.

DemonSandWizard said:
that might work... but how thick will the tint be after you have it laminated? it may not be very durable for a nice helmet...

Well he said it was pretty thick

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back