Gold visor tinting spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayl0r

I know there have been many threads about tinting visors. Many people have been wanting to find out how to make your visor Gold. I know of the paint method but I don't want to risk messing up. Nor do I wanna use a motorcycle visor and cut it up. I was looking for Gold tint and came upon this: http://www.votawtool.com/zcom.asp?pg=products&specific=jndmirknq I don't know if it'll work or if anyone has any experience with it. I'm using a vac. formed visor and I know it can have issues. P.S its acrylic. So do you think this would work? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

if your in the US then find a micheals art store and ask for Design Master brilliant gold 731. light coats give you a slightly reflective and one way gold visor.

Ive actually found that just lightly spraying any old gold colored spray paint works quite well! Heres some pics of the visor that I made using this method for a recon helmet.

Photo1364.jpg

This is a part of my work table normally.

Photo1363.jpg

This is the same part of my table while wearing the visor. As you can see, its actually quite easy to see out of, and its extremely cheap and easy!

Photo1355.jpg

And heres what the visor looks like from the outside of the helmet. Its pretty good for a visor made out of a chopped up 2liter bottle and some gold spray paint!

I hope this helps someone!

no offense intended, but that visor doesn't even look gold.. :/ looks more grey than anything else

Fine, if you want a cheap and quick silver visor, use this method. :p Look, I know its not perfect, but its a good option if you dont want to/cant buy a motercycle visor or something.

Why spray tint when you can buy tint sheets in various colours. http://www.mydreamwindows.com.au/films.htm This stuff is easy to apply and you can buy window tint at your local auto parts store. Spray tints are to inconsistent and always seem to have a haze to them no matter how careful you are. Sheet tint is the best alternative to a motorcycle visor in my opinion.

Why spray tint when you can buy tint sheets in various colours. http://www.mydreamwindows.com.au/films.htm This stuff is easy to apply and you can buy window tint at your local auto parts store. Spray tints are to inconsistent and always seem to have a haze to them no matter how careful you are. Sheet tint is the best alternative to a motorcycle visor in my opinion.

However, those don't always work with more complex visor shapes (ie: ODST, EVA, etc.) because they're almost impossible to lay down on curves without the material creasing.

Please read the last post date next time. It was over a year ago. This is necro posting and is against the forum rules.

Since this is already at the top of the page, I'll answer that you CAN heatform SOME sheet tints onto curved surfaces, but it has to be high quality automotive tints, since they're meant to go on car windows, which are curved. You'll have to buy and try some to find one that works, but you will get no success with house tints.

Please don't reply to this, as it's a dead thread, if you have other questions you can ask in the stickies of the noob forum labeled "HELP! For XXXX", or send a pm to me if you wish, or check with carpathiavh as he can hook you up with a mentor for good one on one help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back