Goosebot's SPARTAN - III

Status
Not open for further replies.
back again. its been a while since ive updated anything besides facebook with project updates, BUT THATS CHANGING NOW.

i didnt want to post any pictures of just straight pepped pieces, so i waited to start this thread until i started slinging bondo. everyone knows what the pieces look like. youre not interested in muh paper, youre interested in everything else after that. for now im just focusing on the base armor. at some point id like to finish working up the Emile attachments, but you need the base armor regardless of which character you do, so im starting with that so that at the very least ill have armor. ive got the shoulder parts for him pepped, but theyll stay at that stage until i get more work done on other pieces.

this is the only picture of straight pepped pieces that ill post. everything else will be progress pictures from further in the process.

3.jpg

the only things i dont have pepped so far are the gauntlets, thighs and cod. but im not 100% sure im going to pep them instead of the foam method everyones been using. ive commissioned Pony to pep the gauntlets for me. i saw his work and compared it to mine for the gauntlets and thought that his would be MUCH easier to use than the hot mess that came out when i tried the gauntlets. lol.

next come the pics of the current focus, which is the biceps. ive been building them both at the same time, working on one if the other has parts drying, etc, but have done a little more work to one. the plate on the left is the one with the least work done, and the right has had more time and care put in to it. you can see the one on the right is smoother, with less visible folds, while the one on the left is stupid ugly still. aaaaaaand please excuse the messy grill that i used for a perch.

8.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

theres still much much work to be done. in my opinion, these pieces are the ones that will probably require the most work, especially since i wont be molding before the armor set's maiden voyage. so i decided to start thru them and try to just plow thru now that the weather is PERFECT to play outside. lawlz. that was the main obstacle keeping this armor from getting more work. its been so cold for the past few months that i couldnt get out to lay down any fiberglass and resin. but now that its ok working temperatures, work should start flying. also, the other teammates, ERINocalypse and Techbot will be back in action with this project and our ODST progress in full swing after they finish up with school in a month or two, so hopefully after that ill be able to warp speed thru everything thats left!!

as always, and comments and questions are welcomed!!!

Yes! Awesome. You do great work. Your pep is so clean and the shoulders look fantastic so far.

ive commissioned Pony to pep the gauntlets for me.

Aww, you put name name it there :p.

I'm still working on those for ya, buddy. I just had to get some things out of the way first. I'll post some pics up the gauntets once one is completed.

-Pony

Glad to see you are back at it! Look forward to seeing how this turns out!

never stopped working. just stopped posting because of too much work. lol.

Aww, you put name name it there :p.

I'm still working on those for ya, buddy. I just had to get some things out of the way first. I'll post some pics up the gauntets once one is completed.

-Pony

like i said, no rush. as you can see, ive got plenty of work on my table to get thru before ill need those puppies.

Every thing is look real good so far. I really like the shins most of all.

theyve got the most work put in to them. i had to go thru 3 different models / unfolds until i found the one i liked, and then had to build several more to get the scale just like i wanted. those are peps numbers 8 and 9. sigh. theyre lee anderson's build, and im in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back