Got an electric guitar you don't play anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU64

I'm looking for a used, hopefully not very playable, electric guitar. I want to make a guitar hero controller unlike anything that has been made before. But I don't want to use a new guitar (which I can get for $50) so i wanted to know if any of you guys would be willing to help.
As long as all the hardware (bridge, pegs, pickups..) is there, I don't really care what the guitar looks like, stickers, chips, paint, missing screws... Bring it! :D

Oh, and it HAS to have a whammy bar type bridge. I'll be using only the PCB from the controller therefore the guitar will need a functional whammy.

What about a functioning jack... are you planning on making it corded or wireless? I *believe* that I have an electric that might serve your purpose, but I was having some issues with the jack. The solder loosened, then the wires broke free of it, and I was never able to fix it (the wires broke inside the cavity for the jack, and I had no way to lengthen them).

i have a used ibanez guitar i dont use anymore. thats not because its bad, its because i got a new one. its in good shape, has 2 humbucker style pickups, a 3 way pickup selector, tremolo (wammy) style bridge design, and all additional hardware. everything is completely functional. ill edit this post when i get pictures. im gona go take some right now. btw do u need the actual wammy bar the guitar came with? its with my guitar teacher right new, but i could get it back if you want it. pm me if you are interested. thanks man!

edit: heres some pics!

edit again: they wont let me do more pics so ill jsut send them in the pm if u need to see more.

Are you gonna make something like this

composite_2.jpg

Limited Ed. GH3 Controller

if you are gonna do a mod you should chek out these
Guitar Hero Forum There are alot of good ones here

DemonSandWizard said:
i have a used ibanez guitar i dont use anymore. thats not because its bad, its because i got a new one. its in good shape, has 2 humbucker style pickups, a 3 way pickup selector, tremolo (wammy) style bridge design, and all additional hardware. everything is completely functional. ill edit this post when i get pictures. im gona go take some right now. btw do u need the actual wammy bar the guitar came with? its with my guitar teacher right new, but i could get it back if you want it. pm me if you are interested. thanks man!

edit: heres some pics!

edit again: they wont let me do more pics so ill jsut send them in the pm if u need to see more.

lol i have the EXACT guitar as you

Last edited by a moderator:
BenStreeper said:

composite_2.jpg

thats a rockband controller lol...

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
lol i have the EXACT guitar as you
and tahts pretty cool. i loved taht guitar. great for people jsut starting to get into guitar. i have this guitar now. http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350DX

BenStreeper said:

composite_2.jpg

Actually, no. Every single guitar mod that is currently available online, is done the same exact way, transfer the switches from the controller to the guitar.
I'm only using the PCB. I am also using the actual strings on the guitar to play the game. The way I am planing on doing this hasn't been done yet..
I say yet because I don't know how long it will take to get a guitar for this project. And like many of my ideas, I take too long and someone else beats me to it :D

Just for the record, it's been done, a couple of times. The forums at ScoreHero have several submissions in the Hardware section where users have made real guitars into GH guitars, even with 10 fret buttons.

Good luck to ya though.

Edit: NVM I just saw your post. Sounds awsome, let us know how it goes.

Gokussj5okazu said:
Just for the record, it's been done, a couple of times. The forums at ScoreHero have several submissions in the Hardware section where users have made real guitars into GH guitars, even with 10 fret buttons.

what would you do with 10 buttons?

colmon_9 said:
what would you do with 10 buttons?

One reason is because there's a mod in progress over at ScoreHero that will add 5 extra (and higher) notes into the GH2 game which will correspond to the lower 5 buttons.

Alot of people now are just doing it to add realism to solos. They just move their hand down to the lower 5 for solos and it's more like the actual riff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back