Grant Spartan Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant 117

Hi. i just joined and i am currently working on a Spartan Laser and (possibly) a master chief costume.this is my first weapon so i'm hoping to get some advice.

I should should have a picyure of my progress by next week at most.

...if i can figure out how to post a picture...

Hey, looking forward to seeing your Spartan Laser.

However, try to avoid a few things: Starting a topic with absolutely no progress (it can wait until you do) and double (or, quadruple in your case...) posting.

Hi and welcome to the 405th.
Ok the spartan laser..I've built one myself and cross bracing is the best tip I can give you. Add as many as you can to keep it straight even with card stock it's such an involved build things are bound to get bent. Also keep in mind, so far the best way I've seen to harden it is to slush cast the inside.

Again with the double posting! Thats a big no no around here. Just edit an older post by clicking edit post the click on advanced edit.

thanks for the advice.
what's "slush cast"
Slush casting is the use of Rondo (a mix of Bondo and fiberglass resin) and swishing it around the inside to make it hard. You could also try expanding foam.

You could. That's a method I've only rarely seen used. The only issue with it is its' tendency to expand TOO much and ruin your pep. (I assume you're pepping this, right?)

finally got a pic

when i'm finished could i plaster the inside?

00310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back