Greatest game in history on a system console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

Anything that was from the very first pong game, to the most recent games. What is the greatest game and why?

This is my rankings:
1.Halo3-Extremely well made game. Great storyline, great controls, great weapons and characters, and great graphics. Theres a reason why its the most well selling game in all history.
2.Bioshock-At first I thought this was some stupid game, but no, if you think bioshock is stupid and have yet to play. GO AND PLAY IT. The game is amazing, the commercial itself is amazing, that drill going through your hand just to kill the big daddy was amazing, and the balance of kiddy things to the insanity is so l33t.
3.Pong-Simplistic game, thing is, its the easiest to play. Unlike other games you need to learn how to play, pong is a simple pick up and play thing.

Actual 3. Any strategy games, RTS, or anything that takes thinking to work. Its just fun for me.

Whats your list of top three?

1.Well for me i gotta say Halo 3 because its tha..well you know
2. Bioshock cause it was fun and crazy and thought of the story line pretty full of suprises and twists....
3. R6 cause i love tactical warfare games like this
4. HALF LIFE 2 and the episodes because the storyline is very weird but crazy and has the battles sequences with rock out music...but is my top fav.,notice my avatar pic of a Combine soldier..

picard-facepalm.jpg

i win

Final Fantasy 7 duh i ulmawst Cryed wen aries dyed

;)

1) Halo 3

2)...Halo 3!

3) YEP, HALO 3!!!

4)...how did you know, HALO 3!!!

ok just kidding. Now seriously.

1) Halo 3
2) Bioshock
3) Call of Duty 4
4) Resident Evil 4 - yeah i know its been out for a while, but its still a great game.

Sorry fellas, but the greatest games of all time came out way before some of you were even born. I'm talking about the games on the NES.
1: Final Fantasy (THE FIRST ONE) - takes longer than just a mere 50 hours to beat.
2: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Possibly the hardest game ever made) - I only know of one person to get to the last level WITHOUT a game genie.
3: Legend of Zelda (One of the funnest games I've ever played to date)

I could go on and on, the fact is that some of the most challenging and best games came long before the time of Halo.

If you'd like see these classics, go here. You can actually play the games there too.

-Magnum

Nicktendo said:
*headdesk*
Halo is good and all, but I'm starting to get tired of seeing everyone shorut out it's the best, all others just cant top it.

Even tetris is better than halo, why? It has more replay value and storyline, the msision? stack blocks, fill lines, clear them off and beat the other guy on your wifi.

Well actually tetris isnt better than halo, but still, there are other cool games that just came out within the past month or less, play them, enjoy them. Maybe Half life 2 is better than halo? Maybe frost needs gordon freeman's power suit? Maybe you'll like portal :p

Play more games then see which is better. And dont judge them "this game doesnt have a warthog, it sucks"

Last edited by a moderator:
God I feel horrible today, I didnt go to school today and have so many projects, and ugh.
But yeah, who cares? If I like Halo then what? I like Halo because I like it, I dont see a
problem here.

It isnt a problem, but I would think we are in a halo forum...it;s obviouis without anyone saying it, halo is the most popular game here on this forum just because we're on a halo forum.

I'll rank mine based on replay value to me.

1. H3 (I swear I'm addicted at the moment, but we'll see how long it stays #1) It wouldn't be up here if I didn't have Live though
2. Mechwarrior 4 Mercs(3 years and I'm still playing! thanks to Mektek 3!)
3. Starcraft
4. H1
5. FF Tactics (the cute chibi sprites and detailed backstory with cold-hearted political backstabbing is such a awesome combo, also the hardest RPG to begin)
6. FF VII (Yes I was in elementary school when it came out but I played it just the same on my pentium II IBM)
7. Mass Effect (The only new RPG to persuade me to keep playing past the first hour in years)
8. Bioshock (Big Daddy costume is on the list ;) )

AoBfrost said:
Halo is good and all, but I'm starting to get tired of seeing everyone shorut out it's the best, all others just cant top it.

Even tetris is better than halo, why? It has more replay value and storyline, the msision? stack blocks, fill lines, clear them off and beat the other guy on your wifi.

Well actually tetris isnt better than halo, but still, there are other cool games that just came out within the past month or less, play them, enjoy them. Maybe Half life 2 is better than halo? Maybe frost needs gordon freeman's power suit? Maybe you'll like portal :p

Play more games then see which is better. And dont judge them "this game doesnt have a warthog, it sucks"
to be honest here frost, Half Life on certain levels are better than halo and sometimes is not..the reason for that is actually Halo and half life 2 are very much the same..if you havent noticed with gordon freeman fighting the combine..Halo..MC..theCovenant then theres the parasitic forms....Flood...Headcrabs..

Gotta put in my two cents here...Most of these are old skool games 'cuz they're what I grew up playing...

1: Contra (I still remember up up down down left right left right b a b a start for 40 lives :p)
2: Battletoads (the first game I played that made me laugh)
3: GTAVC and onward (gotta love being the bad guy!)

Sigma-LS said:
6. FF VII (Yes I was in elementary school when it came out but I played it just the same on my pentium II IBM)

That make's me feel really old.

Stretch919 said:
1: Contra (I still remember up up down down left right left right b a b a start for 40 lives :p)

I thought it was select then start, but I'm with you on that one. The Konami code was always great fun.

Hah I feel old XP and my favorite games and systems, yes I have a lot, and Halo is fun and they are well made and I absolutely adore MC and his design, but it doesn't make my all time favorite list, for me an all time favorite is something I pick up and play, even 15 years later, and this in my opinion, I'm not hating on Halo or any other games:

Ys Book 1&2 Turbo Grafix-16 CD System
Ninja Spirit - Turbo Grafix 16
Bonks Revenge TG-16
Gates of Thunder - turbo Duo
Lords of Thunder - Turbo Duo
Mario Kart 64 - N64
Goldeneye - n64
Perfect Dark - N64
Tomb Raider - PSOne
Einhander - PSOne
Xenogears - PSOne
Resident Evil 1,2,3 - PSONE
MGS - PSONE
Tenchu - PSOne
Devil may Cry 3 - PS2
Okami - PS2
MGS3- PS2
RE4- Gamecube
Metroid Prime - Gamecube
Resident Evil Remake - Gamecube
Ninja Gaiden - Xbox
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Xbox
Tomb Raider Anniversary - Wii
RE Umbrella Chronicles - Wii
Metroid Prime 3 - Wii
Bioshock
Gears of War

23Magnum said:
That make's me feel really old.
I thought it was select then start, but I'm with you on that one. The Konami code was always great fun.

Select start for two players, just start for one... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back