Greatest game in history on a system console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ocarina of time is dubbed the best game ever by many people, and still is till today, there may be new games, but old vs new, the ocarina of time was what all zelda fans and non zelda fans take as the begining of the real series.

AoBfrost said:
The ocarina of time is dubbed the best game ever by many people, and still is till today, there may be new games, but old vs new, the ocarina of time was what all zelda fans and non zelda fans take as the begining of the real series.

Well for all the current versions maybe, but until that game came out, Zelda was sort of a new game each time one was made, and still sort of is that way. Just like the Final Fantasy series. I'd still pick the original Zelda over Ocarina any day.

Edit - Thought I'd look this up on the net to see if I could find any legitamate list. This is what I found...
Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
23Magnum said:
Well for all the current versions maybe, but until that game came out, Zelda was sort of a new game each time one was made, and still sort of is that way. Just like the Final Fantasy series. I'd still pick the original Zelda over Ocarina any day.

Edit - Thought I'd look this up on the net to see if I could find any legitamate list. This is what I found...
Wiki

wow you guys named some pretty nice games but im gonna go straight old school instead of picking the newer games...also these are my top 5 insteaed of 3.
1. super mario world on super nintendo
2. Zombies ate my neighbors on sega genisis
3. sonic the hedgehog 2 also on sega genisis
4. street fighter on nintendo
5. and finally teenage mutant ninja turtles on the nintendo

Mine, but in no particular order.

-Metal Gear Solid
-Super Metroid
-Silent Hill
-Shadow of the Colossus
-ICO
-Starfox 64

Great but not greatest:

-Halo 1
-MGS 2 & 3
-ZoE
-Battle Toads
-Socom I & II
-SSB
-Metroid Prime

Probably forgot quite a few, though.

#1 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#2 Super Mario 64
#3 Super Mario World for the SNES
#4 Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (I'm dead serious, hence my name...Razgriz)
#5 The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Had the same feeling as OoT)

Of course, those are in no particular order. Halo: Combat Evolved it also in there of course. Mainly because of the Story. I think a game is good depending on a lot of things. The story accounts for eighty percent of how good I think it is. Of course, some games are just classic and the rules don't apply.

Oh yeah, Star Wars Rouge Squadron, and the Starfox series. One more thing! Battlestations: Midway! I'm ranked in the top three legit player in the world and am helping make the second one so it has to be one of the greatest games in history!

yeah, glad to see SOMEBODY aknowledge Super mario 64.

there is my list (i loved the N64)

1.Super Mario 64

2.Halo 1

3.Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas (Xplay voted best game on PS2)

4.Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

5.Pong. Just because it was one of the first legitimate video games EVER.

those are my 5 cents. Hey.....i included Halo....

1. METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES FTFW!!!!! I can't wait for the 4th one to come out.
2. Any Final Fantasy, with the exception of FF 8 and X2. (X2 is for special little 12yr old boys.)
3. Katamari Damacy (^^)

Hey guys, Im not sure about my top 3, i like a few a lot. and screw all you Xbox 360s and PS3S N64 FTW!
1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (recently beat it)
1. Perfect Dark (beat it on agent- hehe)
1. Super Mario 64 (recently beaten also)
1. Goldeneye (just classic...)
1. StarFox 64 (amazing game...)

ummm duh, it's Burger Time! You run around and get crushed by hot dogs! How fun is that? Gotta love those classic games...

Omg im so god damn glad some people on this website have taste. second half of this thread are cool people.

also burger Time is so much own i love that game.

1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. Mario 64
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Halo 1
5. Bioshock
* Duckhunt

I know most of you guys are Halo fanboys. But if you look good, Halo3 isn't that good...

DKK said:
Omg im so god damn glad some people on this website have taste. second half of this thread are cool people.

also burger Time is so much own i love that game.

Agreed. I was disappointed when almost everybody on the first page said nothing but 360 games. I guess we're the old timers who grew up with our NES and SNES's. Man, they knew how to make a long and difficult game back than...

Razgriz said:
Agreed. I was disappointed when almost everybody on the first page said nothing but 360 games. I guess we're the old timers who grew up with our NES and SNES's. Man, they knew how to make a long and difficult game back than...

agreed.. pitfall is still one of the hardest games i've ever played :p

god bless the atari 2600

hmm lets see here....

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Im really gonna go against the grain here and say: final fantasy 8...not 7, but 8, its just special to me
3. Starfox 64
4. Halo
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Final Fantasy 7, it still deserves credit because it is a very good game
7. super smash bros, and melee

cgspartan said:
agreed.. pitfall is still one of the hardest games i've ever played :p
god bless the atari 2600

Space Invaders and Breakout all the way, haha. Also, did you ever play E.T.? I could never figure that game out.
-Magnum

23Magnum said:
Space Invaders and Breakout all the way, haha. Also, did you ever play E.T.? I could never figure that game out.
-Magnum

E.T. was... well... I found a really funny article in my G.I. one time, I'm going to have to dig it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back