Greatest game in history on a system console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge Christi said:
n00bs.

007-Goldeneye for the N64.

Nothing will ever top it.
Besides Sonic the Hedgehog...

That was my first FPS! I remember playing it in like second grade when it first came out. My mom thought it was a bad game and wouldn't let me play it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarge Christi said:
n00bs.

007-Goldeneye for the N64.

Nothing will ever top it.
Besides Sonic the Hedgehog...

Ah, you kids and your new fangled toys. :rolleyes

:lol: , just kidding around.

Razgriz said:
That was my first FPS! I remember playing it in like second grade when it first came out. My mom thought it was a bad game and wouldn't let me play it. :lol:

My first FPS was seriously the Marathon Demo on the old Apple 5400.

-Magnum

1) All three Halos
2) Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
3) KOTOR

...if we can include PC games, I would have to say Wasteland and the Fallout series by EA/Interplay, the Baldur's Gate series by Bioware...there are waaay too many of those to list, though...

oh you people suck. just kidding.

are you all xbox fans? WHAT ABOUT THE PS2? am i the only one representing?

im getting the god of war games for christmas. i hope its as fun as everyone says it is.

The ps2 did rock indeed, only bad thing was the lack of online gaming like the xbox had, other than that, they were both head to head.

X360 COD4: (so far) i mean come on, its really good =]

X360 Halo 3: just because the story was awesome and who couldn't love that big hulk 7 ft tall super soldier =]

X360 Mass Effect: story good, gameplay good, graphics good, game GOOD!!!!

my personal all time top 3 games and notice all on xbox 360.

Razgriz said:
The youngins these days don't know what a real game is I swear! :D

Agreed, but wait aren't you only 18? Weren't you only a year old when NES came out?

I'm just messing with you. It's good to know your gaming heritage, haha.

-Magnum

I dont see why everyone thinks that just because a game comes out for 360 they think its good. I mean for all you they cuold just make the first two good, get a following, then make the third one awful. But anyways, I have to agree the hardest and best games are back in trhe days of N64,NES and those, im 14 and I dont care for 360s and all that.
For example, the game Kid Icarus, one of the hardest games ive ever played. - Ice

23Magnum said:
Agreed, but wait aren't you only 18? Weren't you only a year old when NES came out?

I'm just messing with you. It's good to know your gaming heritage, haha.

-Magnum

Hehehe, I was born with a controller in my hand! :D But really, I have been gaming for as long as I can remember. My dad played games and I watched him when I was really young, and I started gaming myself when I was five.

23Magnum said:
Space Invaders and Breakout all the way, haha. Also, did you ever play E.T.? I could never figure that game out.
-Magnum

never played the ET game for atari.

tell you what games were freakin impossible to beat though.

Dynamite headdy for the genesis, and Star Wars: A new hope for the NES i seriously couldn't beat the starwars games for NES even with a game genie :p

dude bros i played Golden eye 007 N64 today and i almost cried. it was some uber nostalgia, but man did it suck one analog stick is so painfull to use and the only way to use two is to use 2 controllers Which you can actually do if no one remembers it. even tho they succeed in messing up the controlls at that point. they dont even put strafe/move on the same one its strafe/vertical look on one stick or the Cpad and move/horizontal look on the other stick. it was sickening although i kinda did get the hang of it but it was so damn difficult. oh and did i mention the aiming is impossible so they needed sticky aim and everything is made of like 3 polys each. go back and play it if you can it does not hold up like mario and other classics do.

also the first game i remember was when i was like 5 my dad played DOS games like motoracing and Decent. then from the tender age of about 6-10 i picked up my first Nes controller and Dayuuum it was pawn. then i skipped up to gameboy color at 7 and then over to N64 at 8 up to Gcube at 10 and then over to PS2 at like 13. and now im awaiting my 360 which is in "santas sack". so that in a nutshell is my gaming history

Gauntlet. and not that new fangled one, I mean the Commodore 64 version. That and Elite for the Amiga 500. one day Commodore will rise from the ashes and take over the world. I started playing games when I was about 3 or 4 on my older brothers ZX81

Final Fantasy 7 is up there! for the time that game was amazing! 100's of hours of game play.
Halo 3 for the obvious reasons ;)
Street fighter on the SNES! absolute classic.

My true and very first game was on the Commodore 64. It was a dinosaur educational game. You could play as three different dinos. A Setgo, T-Rex, or Bronto, and you would eat leaves if you were the herbavores fight off the T-Rex. If you were the T-Rex, I was usually always the T-Rex, then you would just come out and attack the herbavores. After you win, you would get a print out of information(on the old dot-matrix printer) on the dinosaur you used. I wish I knew the name of that game.

cgspartan - Stars Wars: A New Hope was a pain in the butt. I never could get past the second level.

My first real 'gaming' system was the NES, or GameBoy (Black/White Tetris, oh yeah) I can't really remember which came first. I think I was seven when we got the NES.

Ahh, good times.

-Magnum

Duck Hunt was the shiznit. It amazed me when I was younger. Haha.

I don't know if you guys will know of this game but.. Doctor Robotnics Mean Bean Machine.
It was a Genesis game. It was AWESOME.

And who could forget Mortal Kombat, I'm pretty sure if you don't like this game, you're a communist.

Sarge Christi said:
And who could forget Mortal Kombat, I'm pretty sure if you don't like this game, you're a communist.

Or an up tight parent. I never got to play it. :(

I played pokeman on the brick gameboys. (You know, the ones that could kill small animals?)

My parents are strick Christians, my bro and I still played MK.
Max blood baby, max blood.
And when Armageddon came out, I think I wet myself.
All my character compiled into one giant game.
Beautiful. And, when Frost was introduced, I was extremely pleased since I'm a hardcore Sub-Zero fan.
mk_Frost_render.jpg

But still Mean Bean Machine, AWESOME GAME!!!
Sonic_Mean_Bean_Machine.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back