Group Project - Young Jorge

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by PerniciousDuke, Mar 8, 2018.

1. mblackwell1002

OOoh. I can do some of the Jorge armor! Jorge will be my next Halo build, so it will be good practice.
  2. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

WHELP! Guess I'm making another Needler for a munchkin.

3D print this time or go the XPS and Worbla route like last time? Also, does anyone have a lead on cheaper than $2.00 CAD per pink LED? Last time I used white with a diffuser that didn't work so great, and at the same time I'm not really super jazzed at $80 in LEDs alone from my normal source.
    Schankerz and PerniciousDuke like this.
  3. PerniciousDuke

I think I paid $5 USD for 100 white LED lights... the ones i sharpied blue for my suit. Only catch is soldering the resistors on yourself.
  4. TurboCharizard

Welcome to the terrible Canadian Dollar and even worse Also, soldering on resistors is not a problem, I'm not sure if you're familiar with how I operate.
  5. PerniciousDuke

6. PerniciousDuke

The task at hand:
    Jorge v ODST.jpg

1. Create a costume for a child that is easy to wear and able to grow with him, solution ODST.

2. Modify the ODST to resemble Spartan Jorge, nka Young Jorge.

Here is a quick job in MS Paint by yours truly.
    What do you think?
    Young Jorge.jpg

And a little more time consuming, but worth it, the weapon choices:
    Young Jorge wp AR.jpg Young Jorge wp Needler.jpg Young Jorge wp SMG.jpg
  7. Schankerz

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking for it, with the edition of the mod on top of Jorge’s helmet onto the ODST.
  8. I think you guys should add the red piece by the neck as well
  9. mblackwell1002

Agreed. good idea!
    Dirtdives likes this.
  10. Psyisawesom8503

Psyisawesom8503 New Member

oh boy,

we can also add the canister on the chest and Jorge's signature knee caps too
    Dirtdives and Leiutenant Jaku like this.
  11. Schankerz

I think the canister on the chest would be a bit too much, doesn’t really work with an ODST chest plate. Although, we could add the canister to the bottom of the backpack? That could be really neat.
  12. PerniciousDuke

Oh, I like the backpack canister idea.

I agree, my goal was to make the best compromise between Jorge and ODST which is different than making an ODST look like Jorge. I debated on the helmet attachment and settled on painting the ODST stripe dark green to resemble the attachment. Anyone else have an opinion with the helmet?

Psyisawesom8503 Can you elaborate on the signature knees? To me the shin+knees look to be almost the same style.
  13. TurboCharizard

I like Jorge's helmet mounting point. I'm guessing in the model it's supposed to be for EOD ops and is a place to jam on another blast shield of some variety. For Jr. though we could do up a GoPro mount and his parents could have video from his point of view Halo style. If stuck for ideas there's a few on MyMiniFactory that have the rough shape. It's also dependant on if his parents have a camera like a GoPro or SJ Cam though.
  14. Dirtdives

I'm not sure that the ODST chest is going to translate to a "George" character w/o the canister in the front......Perhaps the chest of the ODST and the canister in replace of the abdominal plates. It wouldn't be a big stretch to swap those 2 aspects out.
  15. PerniciousDuke

What do you mean you don't know how it will translate Dirtdives I drew up the idea so we can see what it looks like! :p

Young Jorge.jpg

The idea being to maintain the mobility aspect of ODST while drawing on Jorge elements. We can't just add every Jorge element (like most are suggesting) at that rate I'd rather just build Jorge.

Having the canister below the ODST chest I can't imagine being very aesthetic and seems cumbersome. Instead I was picturing painting the chest a metal gray like the canister and the straps yellow so it looks just like how Jorge's canister is being held.
  16. Dirtdives

I'm just saying it doesn't have a George look/feel to it that's all........I guess the paint will make that "transition" like you said.....
    PerniciousDuke likes this.
  17. PerniciousDuke

Mom showed the picture to Junior last night and he yelled Jorge! So I'd say it passed the 7 year old test. :) We can still discuss which Jorge features to include, but I'd say we are a go on having the ODST as a base. (Btw, I did provide her the link to this thread so she can watch our progress)

She did express concerns about the shoulders possibly being too bulky or top heavy for the skinny little guy. Can anyone who's made armor for mini Spartans weigh in on that? Jme

Schankerz were you picturing the canister on the back similar to where a stormtrooper canister sits?

Edit: I'll do more mock ups this week to show different variations as suggested by Leiutenant Jaku Psyisawesom8503 Dirtdives and TurboCharizard
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. TurboCharizard

I think part of the issue is the lack of chunk the EOD in the ODST kit. The armour colouring is good and adding elements of the two together is probably the best we can do to make a 7 year old feel like a 7 foot tall super soldier.
  19. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Division Staff

You guys are the bestest!
  20. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

I don’t see them being a weight issue using foam, more a bulk or size issue if anything.
  21. PaiganBoi

I would have to agree the Jr's mother that having Jorges shoulders would make the build top heavy. A kids proportions are obviously different compared to an adults. Putting a helmet on a skinny 7 year old will give a bobble head effect. That is from my experience with my son's MKVI suit. The shoulders would have to be shrunk down and simplified so it wouldn't look so awkward.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  22. Schankerz

Yes that was where I imagined the canister too be, but since it may be a bit to heavy for the belt I thought it would be attached to the bottom of the backpack.

Thank you Fangs, we do try to be model citizens...some of the time :D
  23. Dirtdives

As with anything, it can be tapered and cut down so that bulk isn't an issue. Here the first suit I build Irving when he was 10.......and he ran around it in for hours w/o issues. The whole thing fit in a large plastic bag which he as I said, weight isn't an issue. Once he has it on and feels the overall weight of it, she'll understand.

24. Schankerz

I agree weight shouldn’t be a problem, all we have to do is scale down the shoulder preices so they don’t stick out too much and are secure enough so they don’t fall off an energetic small person.
  25. eiros

eiros 405th Regiment Officer

This is an awesome idea the concept looks awesome too, the kiddo will be very excited