Grunt costume UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenzeigan said:
right as always :D lol

by the way... dont grunts stand on two legs and a dog stands on 4... doesnt it?
Actually, I've seen some Grunts walking around using their arms as support. That could explain the Grunt on all fours, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Actually, I've seen some Grunts walking around using their arms as support. That could explain the Grunt on all fours, lol.

i see what you mean, but thats for support for going faster, how the hells it going to hold a gun?

ChaoBreeder said:
In it's mouth? ;)

that i would like to see

but grunts have like gas mask things, prehaps you could make no armholes, just legholes, but make fake arms holding the gun

I would avoid hard plastics and go for foam/batting covered in cloth personally..

The idea being that the dog won't let you know if it's chafing at all.

Also, it's far more flexible and can be made resistant at the same time. Hard shells are liable to scrape up/crack and stuff if the dog rolls or something.

There's actually a stuffed animal grunt pattern on HBO somewhere.. maybe use it as a reference?

Attach a modified respirator to the muzzle? and the large pyramid back could be directly attached to a harness.. the stomach/chest could just be foam/cottonball/batting "piping" within a dark fabric. Two layers.. with padding between it in the shapes you want to create.

Go for the gusto by geting a recording of the final grunt on H2 or H3, and having it play through a sound device in a compartment on the pyramid.

Much more "animal friendly" and probably much more resiliant too. You could get a stiff batting and use it on the pyramid too, to hold the shape you wanted.

Or.. you know.. risk getting nailled for animal cruelty whenever you take the dog out anywhere.

The gun could be a pillow that's tied to it's paw, or better yet, a plasma pistol hanging from a loop on it's belt, like it could draw and fire whenever it wanted to.. for that, I'd use painted wood.

Deadguy said:
I would avoid hard plastics and go for foam/batting covered in cloth personally..

Also, it's far more flexible and can be made resistant at the same time. Hard shells are liable to scrape up/crack and stuff if the dog rolls or something.

There's actually a stuffed animal grunt pattern on HBO somewhere.. maybe use it as a reference?

Attach a modified respirator to the muzzle? and the large pyramid back could be directly attached to a harness.. the stomach/chest could just be foam/cottonball/batting "piping" within a dark fabric. Two layers.. with padding between it in the shapes you want to create.

Go for the gusto by geting a recording of the final grunt on H2 or H3, and having it play through a sound device in a compartment on the pyramid.

Much more "animal friendly" and probably much more resiliant too. You could get a stiff batting and use it on the pyramid too, to hold the shape you wanted.

Or.. you know.. risk getting nailled for animal cruelty whenever you take the dog out anywhere.

The gun could be a pillow that's tied to it's paw, or better yet, a plasma pistol hanging from a loop on it's belt, like it could draw and fire whenever it wanted to.. for that, I'd use painted wood.

heh, quite good ideas there

and how the hell does he dog draw it?

even if it wanted to it would have trouble, i loved ur idea about the muzzle and respirator

DONT FIBREGLASS WHATEVER YOU DO, the fumes could be especially dangerous for a dog

Deadguy said:

Oh wonderful ideas. I will have to look into all that. But to tell everyone the truth, with all the mods I was going to have to do to get this to look right on my dog I have decided that it isn't the project I should start with. Soooo now my lovely 10yr old is going to be getting a grunt costume for Halloween instead, lol. Once I make just a 'plain Jane' and get all the kinks worked out then I can advance and make the grunt costume for my bullmastiff. So please keep the ideas coming because I am filing them away for project #2.

i know this topic is kinda old, but i was wondering how to do the scaling for this.
i want to make the armor for my little cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back