Grunt Halloween Costume 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFPnoodle

Most of these pictures were taken on State Street in Madison, Wisconsin. I started this project in September 2008 and finished Halloween day 2008. It was really close. This is the second Grunt costume I've made, and probably will be my final. I'm glad I have a place I can show people this. It was hard work, but I'm mostly satisfied with the results.

I'm new here so I'm not sure of the best way to show you guys things...

Here are two albums that have more pics of in progress than I felt like uploading tonight:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2469...008&l=b7ac3
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2469...008&l=a5f35

And here's my more "official" album on this site:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...si&img=5543

And I'll upload a pic...

Tell me all what you guys think!

You actually pulled it off! Holy $hit, that is sweet! If you had some fellow grunts, maybe an elite or two, you'd be able to make a decent fanfilm with other members here. I have to hand it to you, you made a kick @$$ grunt suit.

That's so intense! I like the painting detail on the backpack:) SUPER well done!

By the way, I did a Strangers Costume too (reffering to the dude with that outfit). Was he a random?

Amazing work, I'm going to make an elite after I make my Mark VI and after I make my Starcraft Marine gun/Suit.

Love it :p .

Great Work! The paint job really gave this one big props! The fabric you use (or at least it looks like fabric) to cover the "skin" looks great!
I really like the detail in the torso and in the paint (said it again)! WOW!
Great Work!

Thanks, all.

A random? by that do you mean did I randomly encounter him? Yes.

And that is indeed fabric. I was lucky enough to find alien-skin-like fabric in the scraps section at a fabric store, and it was JUST enough. I also airbrushed parts of it to give it muscle definition.

Hands down, the best grunt costume I've seen yet! Really liking the paint job there... how long did it take to make?

Again, amazing job!

pooper said:
... how long did it take to make?

RFPnoodle said:
I started this project in September 2008 and finished Halloween day 2008. It was really close.

Hooray.

Nice costume, I (like all the others) really like that skin! Very nicely done.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is amazing! i've never seen a grunt costume, especially one this good!

are you planning on making a new one in the future?

Anubis117 said:
that is amazing! i've never seen a grunt costume, especially one this good!

are you planning on making a new one in the future?

Probably not another grunt, at least not for a long while. I'd like to move onto the other covenant first. :)

I'm thinking Jackal or Hunter...I can't yet decide....

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one of THE BEST paint job and detailing works i've ever seen. The weathering is godly and if I ever see you I will be forced to give you a hug on my honor.(no homo ;) ). This can't possibly go unnoticed by anyone who sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back