Gun Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortdrop

Hey folks
I'm new here and i need help... see im in pre-production for a fan made halo film but i have no weapons and iv been looking around but i cant find anything that will help me to produce weapons and i wanna be able to have the electronics in it

so if someone could tell me a basic step by step of how to create weapons with the electronics in them that would be much thanks

Cheers-
Shortdrop
Far Off Distance Production

well yes i was looking all night and came up with nothing all i want is just a basic guide or run through of how to produce weapons with electronics

well yes i was looking all night and came up with nothing all i want is just a basic guide or run through of how to produce weapons with electronics

Have you read the Stickies at the top of the forum? Everything you need to know well, aleast at a beginners level.

Being a noob myself, I can offer some pointers, but it prolly won't be as useful as the vets.

You need to start with your pep. Get it to where you are satisfied with the balance and shape of it because the quality of your pepakura is going to determine the quality of the entire thing. Then, you are going to want to resin (using fiberglass resin) the pepakura model you made out of the card stock. Once resined, you do your fiberglass and resin that as well. From THERE, start using bondo or rondo (you can find a recipe for that on several stickies, it's basically half resin, half bondo (1:1)). Then you want to start sanding it down, painting, etc.

The tutorials will answer any questions you have about how to do all of that stuff, let me know if you need links.

Now you're main goal is the electronics part of it, right? Electronics are a trickier part on the weapons just because they are going to be completely enclosed. If I were going to do it, I would try and get the electronics secured, in place, and sealed before I finished the entire pepakura. Then cover all of the parts of electronics such as lights, lenses, buttons, etc. with something so you don't get resin or bondo on it.

A lot of the electronics concept is ingenuity. You have to think outside of the box. You have to keep in mind "how is the placement of this button going to be aesthetically and functionally?" "how am I going to replace the battery?" etc. etc.

If you provided some specifics on what you are trying do, I might be able to come up with a few ideas or be able to direct you to some good tuts.

very interesting, I could sense some tension in the air while reading this thread, first thing is you need to know what weapons you want to make, as it is Halo you are should already know the names of the weapons correct?

I would look for the All-in-one zip file that has a bunch of amors and weapons in it

these are the weapons I started with as my first attempts, not all flashey like Adams, but they will do the trick for me...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28017-MA5C-and-M6D-Weapons-WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back