Gundam subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltonican

Jr Member
I started a Gundam build a few weeks ago not knowing about this site. Wow! Great resource here. I'm impressed with the knowledge shared.

So, I join and maybe share my experience with you guys as well.

Is there a Gundam sub-forum here? I noticed a few Gundam builds by a few members.

this is a halo costuming forum so there's technically only supposed to be halo stuff being built but sadly these forums are being flooded by many other builds form many other universes.

The noob forum seems to serve well for any non halo stuff. Generally the Creation and Elite forums seem to be for the hardcore halo stuff.

I don't know if the halo franchise is just lagging a bit right now, or if it's a lack of interest from high end armor builders who create that Wow factor that draws in Halo builders..

hmmm... I see. Yea.. I get that it is a Halo forum (from the title alone)

So, I'm not welcomed to share my build? :confused
My process will be the same as many of the Halo builds here. Just trying to bring it to another level.

A teaser to change your minds?
teaser.jpg

The blog of the process, maybe?
http://headstrikecostume.blogspot.com

Things planned:
- reinforced Pepakura build
- lights
- fans for ventilation
- magnetic 'break-away' parts
- retractable face
- (if budget allows) Forward/rear facing cameras with virtual projection glasses
- voice changer
- full paint job. Similar to Gundam model build techniques... but bigger!

What do you say?;)

Haha, there are other Gundam builds on here, don't need to convince me, but I'm just a noob. It might be cool if there was a "creation for other games/etc".

How do you plan to reinforce it?

I'm reinforcing it with a sheer fabric and laminating resin. I'd used fiberglass before. Didn't like the dangers of the dust created by sanding it. Don't want that hazard again. So, this time I'm going with the sheer fabric. It works the same. Super porous for the resin to bind it. I've made speaker boxes like that. Much safer!

you can post your thread in the noob forum, there are many other non-halo threads,
personaly i don't mind, at least we can see some cool non-halo armor too :p

Welcome to the 405th Halo costuming community, his work looks good so far, keep up the good lock friend

Thought I'd update you guys.

I finished the helmet!

Here are some close-up shots of the helmet. Showing ALL the embarrassing blemishes that any supermodel would simply freak if it was ever shown on a magazine cover. I wasn't worried about them cause, frankly, no one's gonna see them... except you, here, online. I'm going to be walking around... I'll be a blur.

Just for you guys, I've put in a few easter eggs in the decals. Can you spot them all?
HeadStrike_Detail_p03.jpg

HeadStrike_Detail_p02.jpg

HeadStrike_Detail_p01.jpg

Next post will have more...

Here are the turnarounds of the final product. Well, it may not exactly be final.. I might continue further onto the shoulders and chest next. If time permits.

HeadStrike_Off.jpg

HeadStrike_On.jpg

GundamCouchPotato.jpg

Sad. Sad that the helmet is not as comfortable as I hoped. A bit heavy on the front end. Total weight is 5.5. It's not bad, but when a bulk of it is in the forehead.. movement gets awkward. So, I'll have to revisit it and do some weight reduction. But.. later. I think I'll start another project first.

Wow! It's a bit big dimensionally and weight-wise, but it's amazing looking. Just think of it as neck exercises!

Wow! It's a bit big dimensionally and weight-wise, but it's amazing looking. Just think of it as neck exercises!

hehe. Actually, the scale is exactly what I was aiming for. The "Chibi" look. Here's my mock-up during the initial designs. I think I achieved what I was going for...
Mockup_Helm.jpg

Gundam Refers to it as SD Grade didn't you know! Hahaha! Too bad it's not PG. Just kidding just kidding.

But on a serious note, I can't wait to see the hip high feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back