GUNGNIR Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandemicTyler

I was looking in the halo wiki when i found a pick of a helmet not confirmed in Reach, I am attempting to make it. It's called GUNGNIR(means accurate weapon in Nordic mythology) and it has a very small visor. I plan on making it able to be worn during a game of paintball. I have an old motorcycle helmet that will be the base. Give suggestions and feedback.

GUNGNIR_helmet.jpg

I love the design of that helmet. I know this will be good.
Also turn it sideways and dinosaur head!!!

god i worship that helmet! im trying to make a cardboard version but your idea of building it around a motorcycle helmet sounds awesome! i would get another couple motorcycle visors and put them on the front of the helmet to get the shape of the gungnir then cut out a hole for the eye. make the eye using pvc or if you have a mens of using a cnc make one that way. then add some details using bondo. i hope this turns out great because if it isnt in reach a least we should have it in real life!

I was never interested in making armor until his baby came out. Time to start collecting references.

Might look into cameras for the eye... at least that was my initial thought. Might be cool for filming cons or get togethers (Spartan Cam)

Might look into cameras for the eye... at least that was my initial thought. Might be cool for filming cons or get togethers (Spartan Cam)
Theres a thrift store around here that sells electronics, I'm sure I could probably find a couple of digital recorders. Be nice if I could find one with IR, those were cool.

Actually, in the Norse mythos "Gungnir" is the spear of Odin (which just happens to be infallibly accurate).

Good luck on the build, it will be interesting to see what happens with this!

dude that is the best helmat by a long shot. Someone should make a pep file. I'd pep it!!

im working overtime to get to lt colonel so i can make a pep file of it. and by working i mean xbox live (it is sort of is my job now lol!)

Instead of going for LT Colonel, you can just play Lone Wolf and one of the dead guys will have the helmet on. Funny thing is that the "eye" is the actual visor and the rest is the secondary color.

Its acutally a Blast Shield cover. Yes there is 1 eye hole (camera) on it. And I'd imagin a Screan on the inside that shows whats infront of it. Maybe like a Gundum *sp* suit? Perhaps...

Just an idea, should look cool if someone made it.

i looked all over that level and i didnt find it. send me pictures of it if you have found pics of all sides of the helmet.

Fixed the links, too many http's in the urls.

Neat avatar Engineer, I drew those plans for Skip quite some time ago.

Fixed the links, too many http's in the urls.

Neat avatar Engineer, I drew those plans for Skip quite some time ago.

Hmmm... I guess those things happen when you google image search your avatar.

And cheers mate, owe you for fixing those links.

XULUX11:

The Spartan bodies appear randomized in the level. Every time you play Lone Wolf, different bodies show up with differing sets of gear.
it's not a bad way to syphon references from the game itself.

Good luck, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back