Guys please help and tell me where im going wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob117

Ok so i have been pepping for over a year and ive made a few things but anything big for example the mark 6 chest i just screw up on the front is always fine but the back and where all the little fiddly bits come into to it and the superglue getting your skin stuck to it then ripping it off because ur having to fiddle. I can never get it to line up right and it just ends up looking crap i dont know if there's any secret or anything like that but the help would be appreciated

I don't use superglue. Just a regular glue stick and some Q-Tips will do fine on pep. I've never actually finished a pep model yet, but so far all my models hold quite well with that method. When you're done, you can add the superglue, though. I'm going to be doing that, just to make sure it stays there.

Don't know if I can help out much, but as for me I use regular craft glue (which I buy from wilkinsons in the UK), then using a toothpick spread it over the tab and hold the pieces together for a couple of seconds, craft glue is good in this regard as it gives you a little bit of time to adjust if it doesnt align perfectly straight away. As for the fiddly bits, I usually stick them together first, so that if I mess them up, all I have to print out are just some small pieces (saved me alot of paper and ink at the start)

- Also little paper clamps can come in handy if you have thick fingers....

i have always used wither quickdry tacky glue at first but now i use a mini hot glue gun, you have to be quick but when you get it down it makes pepping much quicker from what would take me 2-4 days now only takes me bout 4-5 hours

I always have been a big fan of hot glue, if you make any mistakes with your pepakura model you can just reheat the tab that isn't lined up and move it to where it needs to be. Depending on the temperature of your hot glue gun, you might not be burned at all by touching the glue, and when it cools down it will come off from your skin very easily.

Thanks guys the gun sounds like a plan! Though in the past they have always seemed to be a messy contraption. Oh and any pep files of the new chief armour yet? I know blue realm did a set i was just wondering if we had it yet??

I always have been a big fan of hot glue, if you make any mistakes with your pepakura model you can just reheat the tab that isn't lined up and move it to where it needs to be. Depending on the temperature of your hot glue gun, you might not be burned at all by touching the glue, and when it cools down it will come off from your skin very easily.

i'm a big fan of the hot glue too! the smaller ones tend to not need to heat up as much as the larger ones and the glue sticks seem to be alot cheaper for them than the larger ones... also, you can get into a lot tighter ares with the smaller guns, sometimes i have to glue from inside the pep model and the larger ones just wouldn't fit...

also, try to pep all the smaller fiddly parts first, that way when it comes time to add them in you can glue it as one larger piece rather than gunking the one area up :D ...

and if you do go with the glue gun, try not to squeeze too much glue out at once, smaller dabs do a much better job than one large oozing mess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back