H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about the detail! New torso back section is going to be sick!! Hoping to have it complete by end of weekend.

20181201_133209.jpg 20181201_133259.jpg

Really stoked with how this back piece turned out. Everything measures out perfect to my 3d pep model that I created to catch all the detail. So glad I made the decision to take what I learned from the first one and rebuild a new one. I have also learned with these builds... when in doubt, rebuild it better! Crazy how "real" this suit is already starting to look even though detail work and paint still needs to be done. If you all want my foam MK VI torso file, just let me know!

20181202_125856.jpg 20181202_125929.jpg 20181202_130012.jpg 20181202_130036.jpg

Back looks spectacular.

But enough with the back, show us the front!
Haha yeah sorry, I'm sure you guys are sick of the back section pics. This was just the hardest part of the entire build so far. I'm celebrating a little. Haha starting the chest this week for sure and promise my next post will have a fully complete torso!

Where have you been?! Pfft.

That is *the* best foam work I've seen for a long time, and I've seen some pretty legendary work! There are a lot of talented people out there.

...I think you're cheating somehow.

Where have you been?! Pfft.

That is *the* best foam work I've seen for a long time, and I've seen some pretty legendary work! There are a lot of talented people out there.

...I think you're cheating somehow.
Hahaha Thanks man!! Really appreciate that! I'm just glad it came together well on the first try. I'm getting the locking system worked out now. That's the trickiest part almost. I've got it figured out for the most part though hopefully should be wearing this thing by tomorrow for an upper body armor reveal.

Locking system works perfectly! Very strong and comes together nicely. Best part is the way I did the shoulder buckles, if one ever breaks, I can quickly replace it by removing from its strap. Just going to let some shoe goo cure up for added strength and I will post some pics wearing everything tonight!

20181209_125750.jpg 20181209_125821.jpg 20181209_125947.jpg 20181209_130014.jpg 20181209_130040.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so glad I decided to build this suit. it's finally coming to life! Torso fits like a glove and won't need much padding at all. I still have to properly pad and strap the arm piece, so don't mind them.. bicep kept falling down but once I strap it will be perfect. Crazy how real this thing looks in person, looks like halo in my living room. Can't wait to paint this thing!

part058.jpg part057.jpg 56.jpg part054.jpg part053.jpg part050.jpg part046.jpg part0 (1).jpg part041.jpg

Whatever you do,

Do.
NOT.
Seal.
With.
Mod Podge.

!!!!!!!!

It doesn't take abuse well. You want your suit's damage to be intentional, not accidental.

Nope I will be using plasti dip for sure! I've already tested and it works very well. Used it on my h3 pistol. The whole entire inside of the suit is sealed with shoe goo. I'm telling you guys, you need to use it! Best thing ever. 100x's stronger than hot glue. Fumes suck but I'm not kidding when I say it make the armor piece indestructible. I started just using it on back side of seams but it makes the piece so strong I started coating the inside of the entire pieces just because I don't mind going the extra mile for added durability. Plus it makes the suit completely water proof. Not that chief can swim.. haha

Worked on a lot of detail this week. Just about finished the right forearm. I filled in all spaces where my neck and arms go through to "seal" the armor to my body. it made everything sit perfect as well as give it that completed heavy armor look. Also found this awesome 1 piece skin diving suit on amazon! Fits perfect and not see through at all. I worked on the COD piece files also and I'm ready to start building that by this weekend.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-20-54.png Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-20-37.png Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-20-01.png Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-19-34.png Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-19-11.png Screenshot_2018-12-13-21-18-43.png 20181212_150252.jpg

Briaan! Briaaannn!

*Caboose! It's BRAINS!*

Oh, ahuck! Sometimes I am so dumb!

Lol

Looks great, man! Making me want to redo my whole reach suit!

Oh man don't redo your reach suit that thing is sweet! However if you want to do a detailed mkVI I can send you my files I've spent a ton of time on to capture the detail, however some of the stuff like the forearms is completely free hand templates. I may edit the forearm files to catch all the detail to but I'm really happy with how my current ones came out. I just measured every thing out to make sure pieces landed in the right place

Nope I will be using plasti dip for sure! I've already tested and it works very well. Used it on my h3 pistol. The whole entire inside of the suit is sealed with shoe goo. I'm telling you guys, you need to use it! Best thing ever. 100x's stronger than hot glue. Fumes suck but I'm not kidding when I say it make the armor piece indestructible. I started just using it on back side of seams but it makes the piece so strong I started coating the inside of the entire pieces just because I don't mind going the extra mile for added durability. Plus it makes the suit completely water proof. Not that chief can swim.. haha

If you like PlastiDip, give Rustoleum Leak Seal a try. It's cheaper ($9/can vs $21/can for PlastiDip locally), comes in larger volume cans, adheres better to foam and is sandable with high grit sandpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back