H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like PlastiDip, give Rustoleum Leak Seal a try. It's cheaper ($9/can vs $21/can for PlastiDip locally), comes in larger volume cans, adheres better to foam and is sandable with high grit sandpaper.
Thanks man will definitely try! I'm a big fan of Rustoleum products. Will definitely test it out on one of my throw away armor pieces. I did a torture test on my very first forearm piece that was plasti dip and I'm amazed how well it holds up. Pretty tough stuff. But if you claim the leak stop is even stronger, definitely worth checking out. And yeah down in the states, plasti-dip is only $5.95 a can at my local walmart. Crazy how pricey it is up in Canada. Oh well, I love it up there! I just took a vacation up through Toronto and montreal, really enjoyed it!

Have you though of a way to connect your shoulders? If not, I might have an idea for ya and it works great

Thanks man! Seans build is badass! I love the reach builds so much. I'm just trying to make mine perfect. I want people to see it a briefly think it's real for a sec. Sounds dumb I know, but that's my motivation. Haha
Yeah, I can understand that, I tried to compete with him, but he kinda won

Have you though of a way to connect your shoulders? If not, I might have an idea for ya and it works great
Yup I've got it all figured out. What is your method? I'm just going connect the 2 shoulder pieces together with really durable elastic so it suspends across my back under thr torso piece. I will put an adjustable buckle on there also to separate themail if needed. They stay in place now for the most part

Yeah, I can understand that, I tried to compete with him, but he kinda won

We don't really compete here, we pretend to as motivation and then just make memes together.
47375325_1924412961200497_1517957127350517760_n.png

Found this awesome thin rubber like material to wrap my foam padding with so that the inside of my armor looks just as good. And loctite 5 sec super glue works awesome on it so I don't have to stitcheck anything. Plus I'm able to glue velcro to it so my padding is removalable. Jo Ann fabrics rocks!

20181215_001131.jpg

Found this awesome thin rubber like material to wrap my foam padding with so that the inside of my armor looks just as good. And loctite 5 sec super glue works awesome on it so I don't have to stitcheck anything. Plus I'm able to glue velcro to it so my padding is removalable. Jo Ann fabrics rocks!

View attachment 263158

Oh! The fabled Yaya Han hex pattern four way stretch!

Yup I've got it all figured out. What is your method? I'm just going connect the 2 shoulder pieces together with really durable elastic so it suspends across my back under thr torso piece. I will put an adjustable buckle on there also to separate themail if needed. They stay in place now for the most part
That's exactly that, elastic to both across the back, nice

If you like PlastiDip, give Rustoleum Leak Seal a try. It's cheaper ($9/can vs $21/can for PlastiDip locally), comes in larger volume cans, adheres better to foam and is sandable with high grit sandpaper.

Dude you were completely right. I picked up a can of rustoleum leak seal to test out. It's way stronger than plasti-dip. Much more durable finish and does not wrinkle like plasti-dip does with stress. I will definitely be using this to coat my suit. Thanks man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back