Halloween Plan B , The Shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawshwaa

so , desperate times right? as much as i would love to have my suit done this year , money , time , and circumstances , have left me with some pretty awesome alternatives. just like last year , my two last minute costumes ,(joker and scarecrow)came together quick , and awesomely . so this years plan is a lil more work than makeup or a burlap mask. but less work than putting together a spartan outfit. i didnt want to post anything about this till its was done ,but im far enough along that i feel i can share with you guys ,

DSCF0937.jpg

DSCF0940.jpg

any ideas so far?

how bout now

DSCF0942.jpg

tonite we dine on turtle soup....yup the shredder . scratch build ftw!! basically i had some old plastic storage totes , my dremel and some diamond cutting bits , and started to cut our shin and arm "plates". cutting out all 34 of the individual spikes and shaping them down has been the most tedious part of this so far .

how are the spikes attached ? good question!

i have cut slits in the armor where all the sipkes go and slide them in through the back of the plate, leaving a millimeter or 2 sticking out the back of the plate , and melting the 2 plastics together. once i have the spikes in the plates , i will attach them to the baseball/hockey gear i got at a thrift store. , my only concern is the helmet , i havent been able to find a tmnt pep file for the shredder that is ,"ol skool" (though im surprised to have found a shredder pep file at all) , so the helmet is gonna have to be scratch built here in the next couple days , but i have a plan . any ways i know this isnt halo , but come on ...tmnt!! i cant be the only person in there mid 20s or later around here who can appreciate this. so if you got any ideas feel free to let me know !

actually queen , i was in a thrift store and saw a hard hat and thought "perfect!" but when I got a lil closer to it ,and notice a big crack and a $4 sticker on it , i thought " maybe i'll look around some more"

o_O got any Big Square Pieces of paper??? I mean wasnt his Original Helmet just a japanes Armor helmet? ( http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Origami-Samurai-Helmet -- Step by step how to) I mean you could do that then Resin it and stuff.... ^-^!

O-o or try to find one of those cheap Darth vader helmet's (The one's kid's use) and Modify it to where its just the helmet and Carve and Sculpt it.... then re-paint it??....

Pfc.Tarkov-ODST-Helljumper said:
Just like that!, I was going through your gallery and you have some very well crafted things. so i bet you could make it work!, I mean I still like the Origami Idea too!

thanx for the props man ,i liked where you were going though with your idea , i may end up using the boba fett helmet as a base if i cant go with somthing other than pepakura for this , the mando helmet might be able to be modded enough to look like the shredders.(and i wont have to cut up a vader helm)

sadly this is the only shredder pep file i could find. http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/shredder-costume/

and if i hadnt already decided to go with original cartoon themed suit , this may have worked ,

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW the shredder is back,I thought he died.Then again in the cartoons he always comes back as some robot.LOL

dude this idea is awesome tmnt was one of the best things to out of the 80's. this well be a rocking halloween costume. but whats the matter with useing the pep file( http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/shredder-costume/ )anyway just combine to two different looks and make it your own. like super humboldt shredder or something. besides no one would dare oppose the shredder HA! HA! HA!

Actuly man that helmet looks perfect, just use the helmet Pep!... (Or if I am mistaken, sorry) I mean it has the rounded top (For what I can see), but O-o ya that is about all i can think of right now and the Boba fett helmet as the base sounds like a good Idea!, you might have to cut the Antena (Sorry cant spell today).

i think if i used that pep file it would be like using a mrk VI helmet on a mrk V suit , if that makes any sense , but i'll have it figured out here soon.(also the pep i have for the fett helmet doesn't have the side details attached) im gonna try to get the shoulders cut out tonite and the legs pieced together , but i have the arms done . here ya go

vlcsnap-596918.png

vlcsnap-597559.png

i'll have my g/f help me with some better pics later , but i thought i would share. :)

KrovikanCorvinus said:
Looks amazing so far, good luck with the helmet though, I'm willing to bet it'll be a pain to build from scratch.

im waiting on somthing right now from a friend that might make it alot easier

ironkamakaze said:
it's coming together great man looking forward to seeing the shoulders

well wait no more , heres the under side

DSCF0945.jpg

and heres the top side

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0946.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

the cape is just draped over my shoulders for effect . when my batteries are charged i'll post some pics of how i mounted the shoulders on , but they're basically screwed to a pair of elbow pads that i have strapped to sit on my shoulders

tommarrow i'll finish the legs and get a crack at starting the helmet .

Looking way good man. Im a total TMNT buff so its awesome to see someone attempting this scratch build. Cant wait to see the finished product!!

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back