Halo 2 Master Chief Helmet, The most accurate out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01416.jpg

::insert cruel joke about blue not having :male: parts ;-) ::

jk man. i've never seen that much dedication into making a suit. and from what i've seen the outcome is amazing and, i'm sure, worth it.

thanks for posting pics. i've got a lot better understanding now on what your whole process has been for this suit.

Blue, are you rotocasting the helmets?

The helmet is impressive but I think somer of the detailing is off...ofcourse it is difficult to get it even close to perfection thanks to Bungies additions.

Briar

BlueRealm said:

AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

you crazy SOB. LOL.

i really respect what you do, mine suits just off of the muckles statue, so i hold no real claim to making a suit. merely using what i had to hand at the time.. that and i'm not insane ;)

really looking forward to seeing this sculpt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue that's got to be the best helmet out there and i can see your dedicated in making your amor i'm currently working on a new helmet myself as my current briar's armor one looks abit like a bobble head on me :wowie:

whistles73 said:
I'm interested in the technique for making your full size body cast

whistles73

I was laying down to make it easier to get the two parts off.
All is revealed in this tutorial about body casting.
http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bodycast/index.html

briarsarmor said:
Blue, are you rotocasting the helmets?

The helmet is impressive but I think somer of the detailing is off...ofcourse it is difficult to get it even close to perfection thanks to Bungies additions.

Briar

Did I rotocast it? Uh... What do you think?
Let’s not start another pissing contest… If you want to discuss my details its only fair we discuss yours.

Redsleighdown said:
i've never seen that much dedication into making a suit. and from what i've seen the outcome is amazing and, i'm sure, worth it.

thanks for posting pics. i've got a lot better understanding now on what your whole process has been for this suit.

corpseguy said:
i really respect what you do, mine suits just off of the muckles statue, so i hold no real claim to making a suit. merely using what i had to hand at the time.. that and i'm not insane ;)

really looking forward to seeing this sculpt!

ukspartan said:
Blue that's got to be the best helmet out there and i can see your dedicated in making your amor i'm currently working on a new helmet myself as my current briar's armor one looks abit like a bobble head on me :wowie:

Thank you, I’ve worked my ass off for the last two years on it.

Redsleighdown said:
how long did you have to be still like that? :Steve:

I stood there for 3.5 hours.

who did you find to do that for you? your bro? There is quite a degree of trust involved in something like that. 3 hours, well looks like you are laying down, so that is nice. Unless you stood up to get the back done. :wowie:

My buddy did it for me. No I stood the whole time... I only got to lay down for about 15 mins as we were pulling the mold off me. At that point I was about to pass out with pain. My feet, legs, and ankles hurt sooo bad.

Blue Realm, Thanks for posting the step-by-step process photos.
My guesses were all wrong, you stood up for the casting, not lay down on your back.java script:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked
I recognize that there were at least two casts shown, one with the models arms out supported by sticks as above, and the second, with the models arms closer to his side, supported by an X frame.java script:emoticon(':$ops:')
Embarassed

To combat the heat generated by the plaster hardening, an exothermal reaction, you could work outside in cooler weather for natural cooling of the plaster, or have an air conditioner blow cool air on you as you wait for the plaster to harden.java script:emoticon(':heart:')
heart

Several mentions were made to a video which was made of the body casting process. Could you post a link to the video so more of us can see it. Maybe you could do something like "fast motion" and post it on YouTube.com for all to see and appreciate. java script:emoticon(':dance:')
dance

Thanks again for going to the trouble to post the tutorial so far.java script:emoticon(';-)')
Winkie
whistles73 :heart:

Well.... I would love to say i made that tutorial... But i didnt. That was brought to you buy the guys at studioscreations. I just followed a simular method. As for the heating of the plaster..... Its actually the oposite, i was freezing my ass off. If you notice next to my face is a heater when i'm laying on the floor. The cold water mixed with plaster cooled by the air is almost like being wrapped in an cooler. So heat is not going to be a problem.

appreciate. java script:emoticon('dance')
dance

what's with the java script:emoticon thing here? :shock: :dance:

sounds pretty cool though. Now you can make good accurate armor with the correct size and things. Which is perfect.

realm, once your armor is complete we must battle each other. we'll call it...

:verymad: Red vs. Blue :mumble:

:ha:

briarsarmor said:
I dont mind criticism....? You sure do get angry fast though.

You’re funny... I'm not angry... Excuse my blunt comments that can be misconstrued as angry replies.

"Did I rotocast it? Uh... What do you think? " That was a joke referring to the pics that have a mold in the background... Maybe i should have added a smiley face... : )

As a side note about criticism, I've never knocked anyone’s work, I never will. I expect the same professionalism from all of you guys. A blanket statement about my detailing being off, comes across as less than constructive criticism. If you want to provide me your opinion on ways of making my helmet better please feel free to post pics to help me see what you think could be better. Its just a simple matter of respect. I have nothing but great respect for you and all those who venture into the prop making world... Just wanted to make sure you respectfully kept any battle of pride out of your comments.

Adam said:
sounds pretty cool though. Now you can make good accurate armor with the correct size and things. Which is perfect.

Its fun, I really enjoy doing things like movie professionals do it, or trying to at least. So we’ll see how it comes out.

Redsleighdown said:
realm, once your armor is complete we must battle each other. we'll call it...

:verymad: Red vs. Blue :mumble:

:ha:

Hahahaha.... I've got a camera, and some special effects software... We can do it up RIGHT.... Its on... My brother has a full replica of darth vador, I thought about doing a spoof video with him once i'm done... A vador chief fight would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back