Props Halo 3 Battle rifle schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

Anyone has the schematics for the Battle rifle? If it isnt to scale, just tell me how much of a % to enlarge it on MS paint or something.
Thanks.

Thats what she said.

I couldnt resist saying that. But seriously, does anyone have it? I couldnt find ANYTHING for it that wasnt Halo 1.

Well if your looking for a decent reference, you can get one of these. I got one, despite being small, these have some good details. The only thing I have beef with is that bolt on the side, that looks like a russian mosin bolt, is just a little blob on this.
I have nothing else though

001-11.jpg

You can get them at gamestop. They also have the covenant carbine, im goin to get that one eventually too.

Hello,

I was going to start a new thread, but being a newbe it wouldn't let me.?!?!

Hope you don't mind tubachris85x?

The view at the bottom is where I modified the grip to be look more real world. I have since gone back and revides the grip to look lie it is suppose to but with champfered edges.

These are only the draft drawings, I have to do the details and dimensions next.

Let me know what you think.

Alan

Halo%20BR55%20draft.gif

wizardofflight said:
Hello,

The view at the bottom is where I modified the grip to be look more real world. I have since gone back and revides the grip to look lie it is suppose to but with champfered edges.
These are only the draft drawings, I have to do the details and dimensions next.

Alan
Halo%20BR55%20draft.gif
A fellow ACAD user. I'm not sure how experienced you are with it, but I'd recommend using the black background for schematics like these, especially with your color choice on the CL's and hidden lines. It'll make reading the drawing a lot easier. Other than those minor fixes, it looks great. Good job.

-Magnum

Edit: Just want to make sure you know that I'm not trying to insult you. I see Ruze down there knows you from another forum where you are seem to be popular, and from his post I take it you're very talented at this. My suggestions are merely that, just suggestions. Please take no offense from my comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
wizardofflight said:
Hello,

Alan

Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see what else you'll come up with here, and I can't begin to say how excited I was to open a thread and see your screenname in it. I've got an entire Fett project in the works from your diagrams on tdh...

Also, if you make a new thread in the noob forum, you should be able to PM a mod and have it moved to the appropriate section. There's a 50-post minimum requirement to start new threads, to try to keep the mind-numbing repeat questions down.

wizardofflight said:
Hello,

Alan

Excellent work as always Alan :cool:
I've built quite a few things using your diagrams, can't wait to see what do from the Halo universe :D

Hello,

Thanks guys glad you like them. I should have an update in a few days, there were a number of projection problem and details that need to be cleaned up. I'll be doing the part break down next, I am still considering doing a 3D model, but I'm not sure if that would add anything to the project, besides an Oh-Wow factor.

I try posting in the "noob" forum for the next project.

I have to say that I am not a gamer and I don't play Halo, so if anyone has reference pics for the weapons let me know.

Magunum,

No problem, as it happens I do all my work with a black background, with red for lines, green for hidden lines, yellow for center lines, cyan for phantom and grey for construction lines. The problem is that only CAD users like this layout, most normal people like the white back ground for printing purposes and don't care too much about the center & hidden lines and they tend to get anoyed with me when I post with the black back ground.

As for experience I have been work various CAD platforms for over 20 years & AutoCAD for over 10 in addition to the CAD I have been a draftsman for over 35 years, but I am always looking for feedback on my work so please don't hold back if you see something that doesn't look right.

Alan

23Magnum said:
A fellow ACAD user. I'm not sure how experienced you are with it, but I'd recommend using the black background for schematics like these, especially with your color choice on the CL's and hidden lines. It'll make reading the drawing a lot easier. Other than those minor fixes, it looks great. Good job.

-Magnum

Edit: Just want to make sure you know that I'm not trying to insult you. I see Ruze down there knows you from another forum where you are seem to be popular, and from his post I take it you're very talented at this. My suggestions are merely that, just suggestions. Please take no offense from my comments.

wizardofflight said:
Magunum,

No problem, as it happens I do all my work with a black background, with red for lines, green for hidden lines, yellow for center lines, cyan for phantom and grey for construction lines. The problem is that only CAD users like this layout, most normal people like the white back ground for printing purposes and don't care too much about the center & hidden lines and they tend to get anoyed with me when I post with the black back ground.

As for experience I have been work various CAD platforms for over 20 years & AutoCAD for over 10 in addition to the CAD I have been a draftsman for over 35 years, but I am always looking for feedback on my work so please don't hold back if you see something that doesn't look right.

Alan
Ah, very true. Printing is a pain with a black background. Didn't really think about that as I'm used to printing from AutoCAD. I think I should be taking advice from you with all that experience under your belt. I've got just about 7 years of experience in CAD now and 5 in Inventor.
So you've worked with CAD for a long time, eh. It's come such a long way hasn't it?
The only reason I thought you might have been new to it was you still had the projection lines up for your end views. Those took me back to my first years as a CAD user. Our course work quickly went to 3D after about the first year. I really haven't used those methods for a long time, and nearly forgot about them. I'm more of a 3D Solid modeler by trade than a true draftsman, though I do schematics(piping, oh the joy) for a living. I also took board drafting classes for two years in High School. I'm not sure how proficient you are in Inventor, but if you ever need a little help in that area, I'm well versed with it's used. I don't have the newest version yet, but hopefully soon.

In case you don't want to do it yourself, I could turn your drawing there into a rather nice 3D model. I know you said you were still consider doing that.
Perhaps, BishopX and Slavefive could make this their next project after you get the drawing completed. It is GREAT work by the way. I keep hearing of your work elsewhere. Mind PMing me a link or two so I could check it out. Sounds really cool.

Later,
-Magnum

Hey Alan! Glad you found this site to post them up. I originally wanted to make a thread as well for it, but it dosnt let you until you have a certain amount of posts. Really looking forward to the finished work!

-tubachris

Hey WOF,
Awesome drawings! They'll definitely come in handy. I'm also finally finishing up a Boba helm and jetpack using your templates. Great work as usual.

23Magnum said:
Ah, very true. Printing is a pain with a black background. Didn't really think about that as I'm used to printing from AutoCAD. I think I should be taking advice from you with all that experience under your belt. I've got just about 7 years of experience in CAD now and 5 in Inventor.
So you've worked with CAD for a long time, eh. It's come such a long way hasn't it?
The only reason I thought you might have been new to it was you still had the projection lines up for your end views. Those took me back to my first years as a CAD user. Our course work quickly went to 3D after about the first year. I really haven't used those methods for a long time, and nearly forgot about them. I'm more of a 3D Solid modeler by trade than a true draftsman, though I do schematics(piping, oh the joy) for a living. I also took board drafting classes for two years in High School. I'm not sure how proficient you are in Inventor, but if you ever need a little help in that area, I'm well versed with it's used. I don't have the newest version yet, but hopefully soon.

In case you don't want to do it yourself, I could turn your drawing there into a rather nice 3D model. I know you said you were still consider doing that.
Perhaps, BishopX and Slavefive could make this their next project after you get the drawing completed. It is GREAT work by the way. I keep hearing of your work elsewhere. Mind PMing me a link or two so I could check it out. Sounds really cool.

Later,
-Magnum

The projection lines come from my board days. I also find that when I am working from pictures that it is easier to do a 2D layout the old fashion way rather than create a 3D model. Also until recently I was using AutoCAD 2002 and it wasn't very 3D friendly, I am now using 2007 and it is suppose to be more 3D friendly, but I haven't had the chance to explore that yet. I have also just got into using Rhino 3D which has been a lot of fun. While I have Iventor I haven't work with it yet, but I'll keep your offer in mind when I do. As for BishopX and Slavefive they are always full of surprises. We have worked together in the past they did use my drawings to build the clone Rifle and carbine that are posted in their Assualt rifle thread.

As for my other work one place to check out is the Blaster Builder's Club on the Blueprint page http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/communit...ewforum.php?f=9 These are nearly all of my weapons drawings. Also if you like Boba Fett or Jango check out The Dented Helmet Forums http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/index.php? You have to register to access the threads. nearly every section has a sticky with the links to my drawings and templates.

Alan

Nice drawing. Can we get a DXF?

I could take a DXF to 3D without too much trouble- as can several others around here.

If you would like to give it a shot I can send you the file. I have found that I am way behind on a number of projects and I won't be getting to the 3D version any time soon. Send me an e-mail at wizardofflight@comcast.net for the file

Alan

Vrogy said:
Nice drawing. Can we get a DXF?

I could take a DXF to 3D without too much trouble- as can several others around here.

wizardofflight said:
The projection lines come from my board days. I also find that when I am working from pictures that it is easier to do a 2D layout the old fashion way rather than create a 3D model. Also until recently I was using AutoCAD 2002 and it wasn't very 3D friendly, I am now using 2007 and it is suppose to be more 3D friendly, but I haven't had the chance to explore that yet. I have also just got into using Rhino 3D which has been a lot of fun. While I have Iventor I haven't work with it yet, but I'll keep your offer in mind when I do. As for BishopX and Slavefive they are always full of surprises. We have worked together in the past they did use my drawings to build the clone Rifle and carbine that are posted in their Assualt rifle thread.

As for my other work one place to check out is the Blaster Builder's Club on the Blueprint page http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/communit...ewforum.php?f=9 These are nearly all of my weapons drawings. Also if you like Boba Fett or Jango check out The Dented Helmet Forums http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/index.php? You have to register to access the threads. nearly every section has a sticky with the links to my drawings and templates.

Alan
Oh I forgot to check back with this thread. Um, yeah I'd stay away from AutoCAD's version of 3D. It's very difficult to work with in my opinion. I'd rather you use Inventor for 3D solid work since you have it available to use. Though the two programs are quite handy together at points. With some simple effort, you can import drawings from ACAD into a sketch in Inventor, and go from there extruding and detailing parts and such.

In my opinion, the 3D solid work should be done in either Inventor or Solidworks. Vrogy is excellent is Solidworks, and I'm not too shabby in Inventor, so either of us could help you out with 3D solid adaptations.

There's a thread in the Creations section for other 3D freeform programs if you have questions about Rhino or other similar programs. This is also the reason I stressed '3D solid' here in my post as some don't realize that there is a difference by what you, Vrogy, and I do in our respective programs and what the 3D modelers, elsewhere on the site, do.

I also took a look at some of your other stuff. Those schematics look awesome, and now I can't wait to see what you do with the many items available in the HaloVerse.

Good luck with everything and let me know if you every need an extra hand or two.

-Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back