Halo 3 Cardboard Mjolnir Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on that helmet! I see I have some competition now... :) My WIP Mark VI cardboard helmet isn't nearly as detailed or smooth as yours... Wanna give me some tips?

I LOVE YOU! Ahem. Well i love what youve created :D The balck templay suites are awsome! And that helmet is unbelivable! Kudos to you for having so much artistic skill!

Keegan said:
Now theres good and bad cardboard?

Not really XD but i used cardboard that is more like super heavy paper a bit like cardstock i think, but heavier. That is the "good" cardboard the "bad" one is cardboard that is used in the plain old cardboard box, I would use that to fill stuff up or as a base and go on with the "good" cardboard.

Gunnz777 said:
Nice job on that helmet! I see I have some competition now... :) My WIP Mark VI cardboard helmet isn't nearly as detailed or smooth as yours... Wanna give me some tips?

thanks and for the tip: don't use cardboard from cardboard boxes, cos it's hard to work with,you don't get it smooth, it only bends well in one direction, you can't make little details and so on.

smilie120 said:
I LOVE YOU! Ahem. Well i love what youve created :D The black templar suites are awsome! And that helmet is unbelivable! Kudos to you for having so much artistic skill!

thanks, those black templar suits are awesome but very heavy, you can't get it on by yourself and you never will be able to wear it all day....I still want to build a light weight one.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is amazing cardboard armor, I love it. I love it so much that I was wondering if there was any way you could put some templates up, I want to make my own but when it comes to crafts and such, I am not all that great, nor do I have the money for fiberglass. I still love the armor, great job!

I know, I haven't been here for a long time...been busy with school and I hadn't have time to build my suit...

This forum is pretty much dead. All of kasopps posts have been in this forum and the whole forum is about us talking about wanting an update.

owk guys finally I have a update, I finally got the time to do something. I want the whole thing finished before the end of september for a convention. Here a new picture! yay!
20_percent_by_kaaskop.jpg

You are the God of cardboard. Very nice work on the chest, it looks very accurate, very detailed, and near perfect, with some bondo, and a super paint job, this will be one sweet project you have going. Very nice work so far! Have you worked on any arm/leg pieces yet?

thanks peeps ^^
The parts will be partly filled with some PU-foam for extra strenght and than I will use bondo to fix some areas and to finish it with a awesome paint job. It's probably gonna be red with some weathering. I'am not gonna fibreglass it, It's just to expensive where I live, it's not as easy to get as like in america where you go to wallmart and buy it for a few bucks. You can only get it at special stores where it's very expensive.

(arms coming probably next week, I have made a start on the upper arms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back